What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Music & Lyrics -- in BD & HD (1 Viewer)

Romar Armas

Second Unit

She had similar makeup when she went to dinner and saw the author of the book about her. Her lips were ultra red too.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Apparently I need to give it another look, Romar. It certainly didn't jump out on me, except in the scenes I mentioned.

Cees

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Boy, Robert was spot on with his inital post.
Cute, easy on the eyes, low in caloric intake, cute, superior fluff, cute...

I haven't been following Drews career in the last 15 years (hated Charlies Angels), but she was absolutely charming here- they both were and had good chemistry together, despite the 20 year age difference.
And yeah, Haley Bennett looks to be someone to keep an eye on. I can see big things in the future there.

One thing I really liked about the film were the length of some of the takes.
Its great to see actors act and react to each other in the same shot, back and forth, for an extended period without the crutch of editing.

Yeah, it was fluff- and the contrivance of Barrymores "job" that brings the characters together is a huge groaner- but on the whole it was one of the more pleasant time wasters I've seen in the last few months.
I would even considering buying it, just to get a few sips of Drew now and then, but even $35 msrp is way too much. But If it ever gets knocked down to under $15...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Tim. I'll probably wait for now and see how the movie sits in my head over time. Some sour more than I ever expect,and some become even more pleasant in retrospect. I don't know which way this'll go for me yet.

It's likely that at some point I'll just add this to a Columbia House enrollment package when they start carrying these things. Hopefully the ultimate per movie cost will be as attractive with HDMs as it used to be with DVDs.

PerryD

Supporting Actor

I had to look this up, I didn't think Hugh Grant was in his 50s quite yet. He's 46, she's 32.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks