1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review A few words about...™ Mission Impossible 1 - 5 -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Jun 16, 2018.

1. JoshZ

JoshZ Supporting Actor

Joshua Zyber
    The reviewer from AVSForum received confirmation from Paramount that the first three movies were sourced from new 4k scans of the film elements.

The old Blu-ray edition of M:I-2 used an ancient DVD-era master smothered in DNR and edge enhancement. It looked awful. Every review I've read of the UHD other than yours claims that the UHD is a huge improvement.

DavidJ and Osato like this.
  2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    iTunes selling 5-film bundle with 4K/Dolby Vision for $29.99 and I jumped on it.

Sam Posten, DavidJ and Osato like this.
  3. UHDvision

UHDvision Screenwriter

David
    I rewatched the BR of MI2 after your comments and indeed it is an improvement. Funnily both 1 & 2 air on french HDTV in masters with french credits, which are very close to the UHD, and these have been available for years. I'm use to these, that's why I thought the improvement were marginal.

Osato likes this.
  4. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Cinematographer
    Supporter

Yep! I just noticed it this morning (before I saw your message). I was coming here to post the same information. Even though I already owned the 4K version of Rogue Nation through iTunes, I jumped on the bundle price. That's only $7.50 each to upgrade the other 4 to 4K Dolby Vision.

I am increasingly finding my Apple TV 4K a more enjoyable way to watch my films. I don't have to get out of my chair to swap discs. :)

Mark

Osato likes this.
  5. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Currently watching MI 1 and finally the audio is great, id have preferred an Atmos track with 7.1 core but after years of a BLU that featured DVD quality audio and shockingly the new BLUs still offer NON-HD audio.

Grain looks great!

And Danny Elfman’s most UN-Elfman score up to this period shines on this disc. I could watch MI 1 on repeat.

I want an expanded score CD bad!

Neil Middlemiss and Osato like this.