What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Mad Men - Season Four -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I believe that it has become evident for those who view series transmitted through the air, via cable (regardless of type) or satellite, and then add examples to their library of Blu-rays, that transmitted signals in HD cannot come near to equating with the same information derived from a Blu-ray disc.

It is for this reason, that I ignore many series in broadcast and wait for the Blu-ray.

Mad Men, inclusive of the latest Season Four, is a perfect example of what one gets, or does not, in even the finest broadcast. And this may speak volumes when it comes to the concept of downloadable entertainment.

Downloadable, certainly. Quality, very doubtful, but certainly fit for a handheld communication device.

Mad Men remains superb televised entertainment, with a look and feel of the best of feature production. And on Blu-ray a huge step above it's original broadcast quality. Only downside that I've experience is an overriding desire to chain smoke while pouring refills of scotch.

Highly Recommended.

RAH

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you do enough shots you won't notice the difference, but yeah, just as a non-techie viewer, I've found BDs PQ far superior to the HD broadcast, HD on demand, or HD PPV version of any film or show. But I watch the show on the air the first time, and then, if it's a keeper like "Mad Men," get a bigger kick out of seeing it again so much better on BD.

Phoebus

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Walker
Season Four is probably my favourite MadMen season to date. The storytelling seemed more compelling this time round, and the pacing crisper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks