1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Legally Blonde - in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    The latest incarnation of Legally Blonde (2001) is via the new Legally Blonde Collection, which in this case is a bit of a rarity - a collection of two.

The first Legally Blonde is a fun romp that will not tax your brain. It's charming. The second not so great.

Based upon the new scan of the OCN, Shout Factory is offering the pair as the next in their Select series (Number 66), along with enough extras to make the purchase worthwhile.

Actually, the third and fourth in the series, following Pretty in Pink (1991), and Alexander Payne's Election (1999) these will be followed shortly by another in the series, Legally Blonde 3.

This isn't at all confusing.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from previous Blu-ray - If you really enjoy the film

Recommended

RAH

B-ROLL likes this.
  2. notmicro

notmicro Stunt Coordinator

Mark M
    It was shot in Super35, so they have a lot to work with.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

This is one of those movies I would actually like to see remade someday. The core premise -- a shallow and frivolous girl gets into an elite law school to win back her boyfriend but instead discovers her own true potential -- is a strong one. The middle third of the movie has a lot of great moments where you see Elle adapt to her environment and rise to the challenges presented to her. I love how she engages with the law in a professional way. I love how she finds a way to adapt her personal style to the professional expectations of the legal profession. I hate the way the climactic courtroom case regresses her character, having the resolution tie into all of the shallow things she grew past over the course of the movie.

And I wish the sequel had told the story of Elle Woods, first year associate.

Matt Hough and Robin9 like this.
  4. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    " I'm a U.S. citizen and I'm allowed to stand on American ground..." -Legally speaking ;)