What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Labyrinth -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As a child brought up on the wonderful world of Henson, my son was exposed to Labyrinth as a 3 year-old, and at that age found it not only riveting, but totally involving, beautifully cast with wonderful creatures, and just a touch frightening. Along with the likes of Gremlins, It became a laserdisc favorite.

Here we are 23 years later, with a version of Labyrinth now on Blu-ray that is sharper, more highly resolved, and with far superior color and overall detail than has ever been seen. Along with the high resolution comest the occasional reveal of something that had previously remained hidden, but nothing really untoward.

The film is still a bit of an oddball, but that oddity and its magical world still works today to entertain children up to the early teen years.

The Blu-ray has been gorgeously crafted with perfect image quality and Dolby TrueHD, and fits in as yet another of the continuously high quality products coming from Columbia / Sony. It remains a delight.

I can't wait to get a chance to take a look at The Dark Crystal.

Recommended.

RAH

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Thank you for your comments Mr. Harris. While I have come to expect Sony to let their best source elements speak for themselves, your seal of approval can single handedly make me confident in my purchase decisions.

I opened this and watched most of it tonight. The film shows it age, and suffers from some softness in many scenes. Others, like the battle in the Goblin City being a fine example, show remarkable detail, and are among the most satisfying HD images I have seen in a while. They didn't "tweak" it, and the image is of such a higher quality as a result. Count me as very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks