What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Kong Skull Island -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I may have to sell my set. I watched some of the 4K and while technically great the film just keeps getting exponentially worse. The performances more wooden, the pace more dull, the effects more generic and worst of all...Kong less interesting,. I just don't think I'll be able to stomach watching it again. It's in my bottom 5 of the Year so far. So disappointed.

I tried. :mellow:
Sell it! I've watched the film now three times and with each time I enjoy it even more so.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
What an awful film in my opinion. Hated it!:D
giphy.gif

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nuts. They had a steel book copy at the local store. I'll have to go and take a look to see if it is still there. Probably sold by now. Thanks for the info.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Don't bother, it's a *U.S.* BB exclusive, the Canadian version only has 4K+2D. Even so, I only saw one copy of the BB steelbook around yesterday, looking in several stores. For the same content, you're really paying an IMO large premium for that steelbook here. There'll be another...

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
^ Don't bother, it's a *U.S.* BB exclusive, the Canadian version only has 4K+2D. Even so, I only saw one copy of the BB steelbook around yesterday, looking in several stores. For the same content, you're really paying an IMO large premium for that steelbook here. There'll be another...

Thanks. I saw this too late. I've already been to BB and confirmed your post. I don't get these outfits. It's senseless. Why would I pay 4 bucks more for just a case, especially one where the cover art is nothing special?

In any case, it is lost sale. i'm not buying any 4K release that doesn't have the 3D version included if the film was released in both formats. Flat version only releases will be different.

And I can't believe how many of these sales people try to say that 4K looks like 3D. Picture sharpness is not depth.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks. I saw this too late. I've already been to BB and confirmed your post. I don't get these outfits. It's senseless. Why would I pay 4 bucks more for just a case, especially one where the cover art is nothing special?

In any case, it is lost sale. i'm not buying any 4K release that doesn't have the 3D version included if the film was released in both formats. Flat version only releases will be different.

And I can't believe how many of these sales people try to say that 4K looks like 3D. Picture sharpness is not depth.

It was only $4 diff for the steelbook at BB, it was $12 diff if you go by the lowest price I saw for the regular 4K package elsewhere locally. Steelbooks are quite popular though, for themselves I mean, and IMO this was quite a nice-looking one, not that you'd be able to see it the way I file discs here.

I also have not bought either the 4K or 3D version yet, last Tuesday the total for both of those here would have been ~$60 (all CA$ in this post), seems a bit much to me, I'd be good at $35 (or lower :)).

I also have heard that 4K/OLED has good depth argument. It *is* true that it has more obvious perceived depth than a typical 1080p LCD, but I really don't know how someone rational could confuse that with 3D.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Its got its problems but I found it vastly more entertaining than Skull Island. Beautiful John Barry score. Great cinematography. And Oscar winning visual effects too. :P
Yeah, but Jessica's character is name Dwan. Dwan? Gimme a break. It's a miracle she had a career after Kong. I have only watched this version when surfing on cable and in the mood to wallow in the mud. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks