What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Kingsman: The Golden Circle -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm a fan of the Kingsman (now) series. The third, has been announced.

As directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass), they have the action, and overall spirit of a '60s Bond film, but with that frothy sense of humour that they now seem to lack.

The Golden Circle, which now gives us Julianne Moore at the bad guy, is a bit different from the original, but still holds things together, with the stage set for more, as new storylines and characters are introduced.

With one's home theatre proscenium filled with audio via Dolby Atmos, the film, which as far as I can tell is a hybrid data/film production, is just great noisy, fun.

Image, uprezzed from its 2k roots, looks superb, with HDR that doesn't make things darker than a bat's groin, which is the downfall of way that HDR is sometimes handled.

A wonderfully entertaining film, and superior 4k entertainment.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Barrett

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan Barrett
As a fan of the original picture, I thought the "Kingsman" sequel was atrocious...vulgar, vile, mean-spirited, and boring to boot. I hope that if Vaughn does in fact make a third film (which is inevitable, I suppose), it's closer in spirit to the original than "The Golden Circle" was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks