What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
But to what purpose?

What does it matter in what format a movie sells?

They still get the money.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
But to what purpose?

What does it matter in what format a movie sells?

They still get the money.
Because for some reason, the studios like to introduce new technology and then fuck it over. They’ve done it with 3D, why not 4K discs? I think they’ve come to hate the idea of customers owning movies. But let’s drop this discussion, this is supposed to be about JW2.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Because for some reason, the studios like to introduce new technology and then fuck it over. They’ve done it with 3D, why not 4K discs? I think they’ve come to hate the idea of customers owning movies. But let’s drop this discussion, this is supposed to be about JW2.

Not to add more fuel to the fire, but remember how studios killed off 3d in the states making only available over the pond? Well I just read this on The Digital Bits. Sound familiar? WTF?

And a quick follow-up on our Panic Room and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 4K update from Monday: Press people representing Sony Pictures Home Entertainment are saying that Sony has no plans to release either film on 4K here in the States in 2019. And it appears that they are no longer available for pre-order on Best Buy. European retailers still indicate that the title if coming, however. As soon as we hear anything more, we’ll let you know.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
WTF I want both titles. Pardon my noob question but is there region locking on 4K discs?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am very interested to see what titles are released during the Christmas season this year on 4K blu-ray.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I watched JW Fallen Kingdom yesterday (in 4K HDR). The disc was a blind-buy. I enjoyed the film quite a bit. I don't regret my blind-buy in the least. We'll be showing it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater in the coming weeks.

It's a popcorn flick and a good one, in my opinion. The Booth Bijou gives it 4 out of 5 stars.

Mark

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just purchased this movie on 4K blu-ray and will be watching it after I get my Marantz SR-8012 in and installed!

IMG_1933a.jpg

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The 2D blu ray onmy 3D set won’t play, so I’ll have to return it to Amazon.

Several folks have reported issues with the FK 2D disc -- several have found turning off BDLive seems to help for whatever reason. I remember discs in the early days wouldn't play properly, but none recently.

Another said turning on the Internet Connection, but denying access when the player asked permission worked for them

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Several folks have reported issues with the FK 2D disc -- several have found turning off BDLive seems to help for whatever reason. I remember discs in the early days wouldn't play properly, but none recently.

Another said turning on the Internet Connection, but denying access when the player asked permission worked for them
Another Universal Home Video snafu?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another Universal Home Video snafu?

I don;t know, but it seems to affect PS3 and PS4 especially. Some folks can play the same disc on a different player so it seems
to be an interaction. I haven't heard enough people report specific brands to see if it specific other than Playstations.

The common complaint is the disc starts, the Universal logo play briefly and then goes black. Pop up Menus can be accessed, but the disc won;t play until turning off or denying Internet access

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll

I just did this with my PS3, and now the flat Blu ray plays fine. When I load a Blu ray, a little message pops up and asks me if I want to connect to the Internet. I click “no” and the disc plays perfectly.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Also try to see if there is a firmware update for your player. It is sad that the days of media just working and players not needing firmware updates are long long over.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don;t know, but it seems to affect PS3 and PS4 especially. Some folks can play the same disc on a different player so it seems
to be an interaction. I haven't heard enough people report specific brands to see if it specific other than Playstations.

The common complaint is the disc starts, the Universal logo play briefly and then goes black. Pop up Menus can be accessed, but the disc won;t play until turning off or denying Internet access
This is exactly what happens. I will experiment with your solution.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Just tried it. The disc plays, the universal logo starts, then black. I hit pop-up menu and I get the choices of Play Movie, Next, and Menu. None of the three do anything. I tried the pop-up menu before it goes to black with the same results.

Not sure what to try next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks