What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Last edited:

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
RIP Marvin Kaplan

"Arnold Stang, the diminutive, bespectacled comic character actor who was part of the ensemble cast of the classic movie comedy "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" and provided the voice for the TV cartoon character Top Cat, has died. He was 91..."

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-arnold-stang23-2009dec23-story.html
Thank you for posting
RIP Marvin:(
Screen+shot+2012-03-16+at+2.43.20+AM.png

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/25/marvin-kaplan-dead-alice-top-cat-actor-dies-89

Last edited:

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Glad I got my copy in the last Criterion sale. I'm waiting for some renovations to be done in my home theater to watch it on the big screen.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
What a mess! Thank you, Cineman.

Sorry I didn't do better on this last night!

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I think both Marvin and Arnold would get a kick out of the mixup.

I guess that leaves us only with Barrie Chase, Carl Reiner, Jerry Lewis and Bob Mazurki, the boy with Phil Silvers left.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Marvin Kaplan was a great character actor whose work I respected and enjoyed. Prayers for his family.

Mark Evanier, who knew Marvin, posted this story that involves Marvin and Mad World in a way the other day. http://www.newsfromme.com/2016/08/26/marvin-kaplan-story/

Anyone have a guess who the unnamed actor is? The only clues are that the actor would have been alive sometime around 1991 and is now likely deceased.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Marvin Kaplan was a great character actor whose work I respected and enjoyed. Prayers for his family.

Mark Evanier, who knew Marvin, posted this story that involves Marvin and Mad World in a way the other day. http://www.newsfromme.com/2016/08/26/marvin-kaplan-story/

Anyone have a guess who the unnamed actor is? The only clues are that the actor would have been alive sometime around 1991 and is now likely deceased.
I'm going to have a salad and think about it ;)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

Marvin Kaplan was always such a welcome presence onscreen. He recently did a very entertaining podcast interview with Gilbert Gottfried.

As for the unnamed actor, it seems to me it would be Jesse White, Cliff Norton, or Norman Fell. Based on Marvin Kaplan being a welcome alternate casting choice, Fell seems a little less likely to me, but maybe I'm just not an imaginative voice acting producer...

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Marvin Kaplan was always such a welcome presence onscreen. He recently did a very entertaining podcast interview with Gilbert Gottfried.

As for the unnamed actor, it seems to me it would be Jesse White, Cliff Norton, or Norman Fell. Based on Marvin Kaplan being a welcome alternate casting choice, Fell seems a little less likely to me, but maybe I'm just not an imaginative voice acting producer...

My thought was Stan Freberg.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Freberg would fit a lot of the parameters, but Evanier adored him and worked with him a lot, so I don't think that problem would have arisen for them. Also, he mentions Freberg in the introduction to the story as one of the people he had hired before. (That's why I had to eliminate Jesse White, who appears in the same list.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks