What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ It(: Chapter One) -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It, directed by Andy Muschietti, is a film that I really had no desire to see, for a variety of reasons, but was told that the new 4k mit HDR was something special.

So I dived into the murky well.

As a film, it works, with enough scares to keep it going for over two hours.

The young teen cast is superb, with a standout performance by Sophia Lillis, of whom I believe you'll be hearing quite a bit, especially as she attains a bit more experience and bottle age.

The original role of Pennywise, that dastardly clown, has been taken over from Tim Curry, by Bill Skarsgard, of the Skarsgard acting dynasty.

Shot by Chung-Soon Chung, generally in and around Ontario, Canada, it's a gorgeous film to behold.

As I was viewing, I was wondering about precisely what magic elixir might be used to up-rez films like It, which was shot with the Alexa series, and finished as a 2k DI.

That question came from the fact that, in viewing on a large screen, in projection, it could easily pass for 4k origination.

HDR is handled delicately, and never blocks out the imagery, even in projection.

Audio, presented via Dolby Atmos, is huge, and proscenium filling.

For those into the genre, who are collecting in 4k, it's a must-own.

For those thinking of visiting Maine, I'd think twice, as bad things always seem to happen there.

And as for clowns, in general. I can do without them.

Standing by for Chapter Two.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watching this now. Looks terrific. But my oh my that Dolby Atmos track!:thumbs-up-smiley:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Might you be more specific, sir? :)

Certainly, steer clear of Derry. And possibly Castle Rock.

Don’t visit Elm Haven, IL either. I know it well, and...

Just don’t.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just bought this sight-unseen. Huge fan of the book (and author). Missed it in the theaters due to scheduling. Some friends of mine who are die-hard King fans say this is a well-done adaptation, so I'm looking forward to screening it tonight and scaring the hell out of my flatmate.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It, ...
For those thinking of visiting Maine, I'd think twice, as bad things always seem to happen there.

RAH
Might you be more specific, sir? :)

I think he sees dead people there ...
twof3.jpg
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks