What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
On the other Invasion thread, Bob Furmanek says Paramount has the restored stereo Perspecta track. So RAH says it’s not included on this disc?

Regardless, I’ll be picking this film up again. Why not? I have the earlier disc, DVD and laserdisc. :)

This is the definitive Invasion of the Body Snatchers as another member mentioned and I agree. The 1978 version is pretty good though and creepy.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
tenor[1].gif
;)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Funny...I remember that commercial. There was also another one, I think it was for Pantine Pro shampoo where a Euro-super model turned to the camera with a pout and said "Your hair is not like a gown you can wear once and throw away....a-no!" Yeah, like anybody outside of the super model and Hollywood community does that either. Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the previous Blu-ray, but I won't upgrade until I see the pricing lower than it's currently at. If it gets down to $20 then I might bite on it for the bonus material. I've read the encoding is better on this BD release than the previous release.
Deep Discount is running a 15% off sale so I was able to get this title for $18.69 along with "The Curse of the Cat People" and "Winchester" at discounted pricing so I can get free shipping.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I believe it's a remaster of the previous transfer at much higher bit rate.

Captures at DVDbeaver look a shade brighter than the previous Olive.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I believe it's a remaster of the previous transfer at much higher bit rate.

Captures at DVDbeaver look a shade brighter than the previous Olive.

I think you mean the new Signature Edition looks a shade darker
(as per the dvdbeaver site frame grabs)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know this will seem like sacrilege to most - but I've always preferred the '78 to the original. Apologies in advance. Don't hate me for it.

I think I like them equally...they are both consummate paranoia thrillers. Both films gradually develop a pervasive sense of dread and give us no easy outs (the coda that the studio grafted onto the '56 version does not definitively point toward a "happy" ending). Both are well acted. Both have gorgeous women in leading roles. They'd make a fine double-feature, because each is just different enough in structure, specific details and overall atmosphere so that whichever version you choose to run last will not seem redundant.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
There's a current BOGO sale on Olive Films titles at deepdiscount:

OliveBOGO-1019-Rhero.jpg

The Free title is the lesser priced of a pair. If you have 2 at ~$27 and 2 at @~20 you'll get $40 off so pair wisely and make multiple orders as applicable to maximize your savings.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers is $27.99 so if paired with a like priced title is ~$14. An excellent price for this one! I'd not planned to double-dip just for the bonus features (I already own the previous Olive BR) but with this deal going on I'll likely not resist...

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Howie! I was able to pick up this and another Olive Signature title I've been wanting, Father Goose, for $14 a pop. Appreciate the info!

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Thanks Howie! I was able to pick up this and another Olive Signature title I've been wanting, Father Goosem for $14 a pop. Appreciate the info!
You're welcome!

I'm trying to decide between Father Goose or Operation Petticoat to pair with it - and am leaning towards the later.

Shouldn't that be "Goose 'em"? ;) I laughed when I read that - especially considering the plot of that movie.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I just got Body Snatchers from Amazon! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look at other titles perhaps.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I know this will seem like sacrilege to most - but I've always preferred the '78 to the original. Apologies in advance. Don't hate me for it.

After all this time we FINALLY found something on which we can agree! Who knew?

The 1956 is a great movie, IMO but the INVASION of my heart will always be 1978

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You're welcome!

I'm trying to decide between Father Goose or Operation Petticoat to pair with it - and am leaning towards the later.

Shouldn't that be "Goose 'em"? ;) I laughed when I read that - especially considering the plot of that movie.

They’re both great films - I’d say you can’t go wrong with either!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks