What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ High Noon - Olive Signature -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I couldn't wait any longer and have also pulled the trigger on the new release of High Noon.

giphy.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've got no delivery estimate at all. That's okay. I can wait. Especially considering I was hoping I wasn't going to buy this film in yet another home video incarnation AGAIN! :D

I'm also still waiting for my 9-13 Olive release of Yours, Mine and Ours to show up.

I wonder why Amazon is delayed on Olive releases?

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
If you ordered from Amazon, you won't be getting this title tomorrow. My order isn't promised until Friday.

That's sooner then my B&N order of Salem's Lot (which I have on order with Road House). Not a good week for getting titles on time :(

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Even though I thought Olive's previous Blu-ray looked pretty darn good,
I am re-buying "High Noon" (as it is a favorite film for me)

In the wonderful new world of restorations derived from 4K,
I would love for Olive to find the original materials for the 1956 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"
and
release that Classic film again --
But,
my caveat for buying would be the following:

Lose that old slapped on so-called "SuperScope" 2.00-to-1 aspect ratio that was falsely employed on the original theatrical release,
and
giving it to us in the aspect ratio for which it was originally photographed (1.85 and not 2.00 as it was released),
then
I will re-buy that film again as well.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm also still waiting for my 9-13 Olive release of Yours, Mine and Ours to show up.

I wonder why Amazon is delayed on Olive releases?

My copy of Yours, Mine And Ours from Amazon was also late. I preordered it months in advance and it hasn't even shipped by the delivery date they promised. When it did arrive, the price had dropped substantially but that was not covered by the pre-order price guarantee. They only guaranteed me the lowest price by end of release date. I contacted their customer service to complain and they refused to adjust the price. I contacted them again and said that I'd just return it at their cost (since it missed their promised delivery date) and reorder at the cheaper price, which they told me I was free to do. I then got an automated email from them asking if I was happy with the customer service experience and I said "no" - they asked for a chance to call me and try again. Third time was the charm, and they offered to either refund the price difference from what I paid to what they were charging when the late shipment arrived (an $8 difference I think), or a $10 credit off my next offer. I went with the credit. Little bit of a hassle but I felt it was worth pursuing.

When they throw around terms like "guaranteed delivery date" that has to mean something. Since I'm a prime member, they can't just refund my shipping because I didn't pay any shipping. Two of my three preorders from that week missed their guaranteed delivery dates.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My copy of Yours, Mine And Ours from Amazon was also late. I preordered it months in advance and it hasn't even shipped by the delivery date they promised. When it did arrive, the price had dropped substantially but that was not covered by the pre-order price guarantee. They only guaranteed me the lowest price by end of release date. I contacted their customer service to complain and they refused to adjust the price. I contacted them again and said that I'd just return it at their cost (since it missed their promised delivery date) and reorder at the cheaper price, which they told me I was free to do. I then got an automated email from them asking if I was happy with the customer service experience and I said "no" - they asked for a chance to call me and try again. Third time was the charm, and they offered to either refund the price difference from what I paid to what they were charging when the late shipment arrived (an $8 difference I think), or a $10 credit off my next offer. I went with the credit. Little bit of a hassle but I felt it was worth pursuing.

When they throw around terms like "guaranteed delivery date" that has to mean something. Since I'm a prime member, they can't just refund my shipping because I didn't pay any shipping. Two of my three preorders from that week missed their guaranteed delivery dates.

I'll let you know about Best Buy - I "Pre-Ordered" High Noon and Johnny Guitar (yesterday) both have a 09/20 release date - Johnny is "waiting to be picked by the Post Office" and High Noon is "Still Processing" ...

:(

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
This talk of Grace Kelly's dress reminds me of my all time favorite behind the scenes photo...

To Catch a Thief

The guy on the left gets to watch Alfred Hitchcock directing Cary Grant and Grace Kelly kissing and he looks like he cannot be more unimpressed :lol:

IMG_3988.JPG

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
This talk of Grace Kelly's dress reminds me of my all time favorite behind the scenes photo...

To Catch a Thief

The guy on the left gets to watch Alfred Hitchcock directing Cary Grant and Grace Kelly kissing and he looks like he cannot be more unimpressed :lol:

View attachment 34110

An odd image. Hitchcock directing for a still.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Thanks to another movie of somewhat less stature than High Noon, I cannot look at an animated zipper mechanism visual without also hearing the phrase, "Franks and beans!"

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm excited for what the future has in store for us with Olive's new Signature collection. I ordered High Noon and have received a few different estimated shipping dates from Amazon. I think I've been bumped up to Sept. 26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks