What's new
Real Name
Steven Burstein
You didn’t make it up. All that needed to be done was to create a set of fine grains from the three negative records.

They made their high contrast, mis-registered CRIs, and then separations from those poorly made elements

Nothing was done correctly.
I wonder if the separations were an afterthought?

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I should amend what I said about Lady and the Tramp. I believe the Siamese cats will be rewritten for the live version coming out. But the actual cartoon of Dumbo will be eliminating the Jim Crow crow. Well that's the rumor. I assume all the crows were eliminated for the live film. It's really hard to know what Disney is doing. Supposedly they have killed off Star Wars. At least that's what the super fans are saying. And hey they now own 20th(or is it 21st?) Century Fox. So will the Fox catalogue slowly become available for streaming or will many films just be kept in the vaults? Do millennials want to see Betty Grable and Alice Faye movies? Only Iger that dreadful man knows.

Last edited:
Real Name
Steven Burstein
Something else I'm curious about. Did Eastmancolor versions of Fox Technicolor films exist before the '76 nitrate purge?

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Looks like Disney will not censor films at least not those they have banned completely because they will destroy society as we know it like Song of the South but they will start off with trigger warnings because we are so much better and more enlightened than the people who made these films.
Talk about offensive.
How ironic is it that we are denied the pleasure of James Baskett's wonderful performance? Let alone the dazzling animation

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
At least for all of Disney's many, many, many, many, MANY faults, deliberately tossing nitrate negatives was not among them. Even they will only be able to undo so much of the damage Fox did without their help. That would take some real magic, and by magic, I mean future technology not yet invented.

Last edited:

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
But Fox IS Disney. And I wonder how this will affect the film archive. Like Disney owning ABC.

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Some of the ABC titles have been remastered for Blu-ray and came out through Kino Lorber, and more are to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks