What's new

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If you've got projection or plan to, then clearly a 90-minute round-trip would be well worth the next few years of your happiness.
I looked up the number for Value Electronics, Tino, and they are open 'till 5 pm: (914) 723-3344
I have the number thanks. I’ve spoken to them a few times. Very nice people.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
And you have it hooked up thru a Dolby Vision capable Yamaha receiver right? Same OLED as me with no lip sync problems?

Yep and yep. My Yamaha is a RX-A2080. So far no problems with lip sync. Didn't have any with the UB820 either.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well.

I just had a terrific conversation with Robert Zohn Of Value Electronics. His store happens to be right next to one of my accounts so I will be stopping by next week.

He even offered to help me set up my 820 and install it it regardless of If purchased it from him. Terrific guy.

Whatever I buy moving forward, I'm buying from him.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Well.

I just had a terrific conversation with Robert Zohn Of Value Electronics. His store happens to be right next to one of my accounts so I will be stopping by next week.

He even offered to help me set up my 820 and install it it regardless of If purchased it from him. Terrific guy.

Whatever I buy moving forward, I'm buying from him.
That's exactly how I feel about Robert Zohn and Value Electronics. Service that guarantees my return as a customer whenever I need to shop for equipment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Indeed. He has gone above, and beyond in answering questions for me, and his customer service is second to none. I am a lifelong customer now. I live in Michigan, and I love that there is no tax, or shipping charge.
I live in Michigan too and have purchase stuff from Robert including my OLED. I would most likely buy my next player from them too.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Why did you get you rid of the Oppo 203?

Mostly because it was sitting in my rack almost completely unutilized. I was using the UB820 for disc playback almost exclusively due to its superior video output. I only used the Oppo for the occasional Region B Blu-ray title. Rather than let it just sit there doing almost nothing, I thought I’d pass it along to someone who would use more of its features. So, I sold the UB820 and (still for sale) the Oppo, and bought the UB9000 and a $150 LG region-free player.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mostly because it was sitting in my rack almost completely unutilized. I was using the UB820 for disc playback almost exclusively due to its superior video output. I only used the Oppo for the occasional Region B Blu-ray title. Rather than let it just sit there doing almost nothing, I thought I’d pass it along to someone who would use more of its features. So, I sold the UB820 and (still for sale) the Oppo, and bought the UB9000 and a $150 LG region-free player.
Interesting, as I didn't know you thought this highly of the Panny over the Oppo. I have two Oppo 203 players that I'm extremely happy with.

Reactions: PMF

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Interesting, as I didn't know you thought this highly of the Panny over the Oppo. I have two Oppo 203 players that I'm extremely happy with.

I’ve felt this all along, even with my previous Panasonic UB900. Better detail than the UDP-203 to my eyes in my system. The Oppo is most definitely a fine player, however. If I’d never compared it with the Pannys I would have been perfectly happy with it, and as a do-it-all player it stands alone if you’re looking for a one-stop solution for disc and media playback. But like I said, since I wasn’t using any of its audio or networking functionality, I thought it was being wasted when it could instead be bringing someone else a lot of joy. Hence my decision.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

It is sad that whenever I get a new player my older models just seem to sit unused. Since I got my 9000, I haven't touched my UB900, or my Oppo 205.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It is sad that whenever I get a new player my older models just seem to sit unused. Since I got my 9000, I haven't touched my UB900, or my Oppo 205.

Indeed. However, I only buy a new player if it's an improvement over what I currently have, so that tends to balance out the melancholy for me. Plus, hey, new toy!!! ;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Indeed. However, I only buy a new player if it's an improvement over what I currently have, so that tends to balance out the melancholy for me. Plus, hey, new toy!!! ;)
The "new toy" is a big part of it. So fun finding fiddling with features on a new player.
The 9000 will be my last player for a looong time. I have three 4K players. that is quite enough. No more.
I think.:unsure:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Thanks for all of the kind words! A/V, photography and storytelling have been my lifetime pashion and I enjoy spreading the good word and helping everyone to get the best posible performance and experences from the valued and premium performance a/v equipment.

Our UB9000 May allocation is arriveing Monday, May 13th. After we fullfill all of the orders we're holding, this allocation will be the first time we'll have UB9000s available from our stock to fill.

We recieved the first allocation early January 2019 and we've received 5 large monthly shipments and we'll now have UB9000s available for immediate delivery for any new orders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks