1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A few words about...™ HDR and the new Panasonic 9000 -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Robert Harris, Apr 27, 2019.

1. William06

William06 Agent

Robert mallis
    Lol, glad I didn’t call Panasonic

2. Robert_Zohn

Robert_Zohn Value Electronics
    Insider

Robert Zohn
    Just confirmed no successor to the UB9000 or UB820 will be announced at CES. The UB9000 and UB820 will continue on through 2020-21.

Also no Instant Rebate promotions or price reductions are planned for the UB9000 as the tariffs have made it impossible to make this device's price any lower. So our $998 double boxed and delivered price with Spears & Munsil's 10bit test disc included is the best deal.

[​IMG]

Vegas 1 and Scott Merryfield like this.
  3. Message #243 of 243 Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/video-player/blu-ray/panasonic-dp-ub9000-ultra-hd-4k-blu-ray-player-review-part-1-video/

" Let me start off by saying that the DP-UB9000 is a videophile’s dream component. Its adjustability is simply staggering, and you can spend many hours playing with various settings for both HDR and SDR output. If you don’t want to fiddle, the default settings work well too. But many HDR displays have little to no control over their luminance curves which makes it hard for all content to look its best. I connected the Panasonic to an Epson 5050UB projector which has 16 different HDR luminance curves available between the two components, I could tailor HDR output very precisely to my room and screen."

Pretty much why I like this player so much. I'm loving the amount of features to optimize the video.