What's new

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Panasonic UB9000 was originally set to arrive 5/22 on a Wednesday but it must be ahead of schedule and FedEx just informed me it will be delivered by end of day Tuesday 5/21. Can not wait to get this player hooked up to my Marantz SR-8012 and my Sony A9F 4K OLED!

Does Best Buy magnolia sell the 9000

Best Buy website shows the 820 but I did not see the 9000. You can get the 9000 for $999 and outside of NY if you get it through Value Electronics they will not charge you sales tax or shipping! Something to consider and they will be happy to help you if you have any questions or problems.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Received my Panasonic UB9000 from Value Electronics today! Am very happy with my player and will get into the menus tomorrow. First movie with the new player was Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2!

20190520_172035a.jpg

20190520_172925a.jpg

20190520_172827a.jpg

20190520_183156a.jpg

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
If have been following this thread over at AVSForum:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-...r-s-thread-no-price-talk-12.html#post57823316

There has been repeated mention (at least up until the end of March) of issues where there were picture issues and/or a lockup which mandated stopping and restarting. Here is a mention of settings that helped:

dealer6871
I also had the same problem on some discs. Movie would start to pull apart and then stop. Stopping the player and/or removing the disc corrected the problem. I clean all my discs and it seems to be a random problem, so I concluded it was a player read problem and not a disc problem.

I did tweak some settings after and have not experienced the problem again. Tweak was HDR (on) Dolby Vision (on) HDR+10 (off) and optimizer (on). Not sure if any of these made the difference, but so far I have been happy with the results. Otherwise, I'm sure Panasonic will have a firmware update sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRGM1
I've had playablility issues on several discs. We watched Aquaman last night and maybe halfway through the movies the picture slowed and broke into digital colors patterns. Continued until I stopped the player and pulled the disc, disc looked perfect. Reinserted disc and it started back with resume and no issues the rest of the movie. I also had the HDMI audio issue that I never resolved and am now using analog outputs. I'm beginning to think that maybe I got a lemon.

Last edited:

William06

Agent
Real Name
Robert mallis
Just received mine today to replace my bd820 which was a great player for me not one issue. This is a real solid beast. Set up was fast and easy. Looking forward to a lot of years of use. The build quality is just amazing. My system is not very generous especially audio wise, just a Samsung hw-n950 soundbar but it suits my space needs. Video I’m using a lgg7p OLED which I love.

Reactions: PMF

YANG

Screenwriter
just to share with all the difference between
Japanese domestic version and international version
161851nqggwqelqp0t7gee.jpg

Reactions: PMF

YANG

Screenwriter
Built difference between the Japanese Domestic Market version
ub9000-shasi.jpg

against the model sold in U.S.(international version)
tn_480_290c0681fde23fb3f870687e2aace486.jpg.png

is it worth paying the extra importing from Japan... it'll be ur decision.​

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Received my Panasonic UB9000 from Value Electronics today! [...] First movie with the new player was Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2!
I'm so behind. So much technology to catch up on. But, whenever my day comes to capture that Panny 9000, I'll be eager to see how the uprez action works on my vast collection of Beta's.;)

Last edited:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Summertime Flash Sale on the UB9000 and UB820! Ends Sunday, June 23rd.

- UB9000, *5% Instant Rebate with Visa, MasterCard or AMEX purchase, all in delivered $949.00

- UB820, *10% Instant Rebate with Visa, MasterCard or AMEX, all in delivered $449.98

*Exclusively at Value Electronics

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
UB820 is on promotion again through July 13th. It's a $50 instant rebate taken off the price at checkout.

I rounded it down and took off the additional $0.99 to make it an even $449. from us. Sale ends Saturday, July 13th and if the Roadmap does not change, no more sales are scheduled.

In celebration of the launch of Spear & Munsil's new Hand Forged Benchmark 10bit UHD/HDR disc we're including the disc with the purchase of the UB9000.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I would think about getting one if there was a region free version and had DV.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
@JohnRice thx! https://www.valueelectronics.com/Panasonic_UB820.php

@Edwin-S, The UB820 supports Dolby Vision, but most folks disable DV so they take advantage of Panasonic's priority HDR Optimizer to build an infinite amount of custom tone curves that best match your TV or projectors peak luminance ability.

I read on a thread a workaround to play most region locked 1080p BD titles.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would think about getting one if there was a region free version and had DV.
In the past, all Panasonic BR players had a key-sequence hack for region free playback. I think it might vary by player. I have a couple older, cheap Panasonic players and it worked on them. No idea about the UHD models.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
In the past, all Panasonic BR players had a key-sequence hack for region free playback. I think it might vary by player. I have a couple older, cheap Panasonic players and it worked on them. No idea about the UHD models.

The key sequence hack doesn't work on all non-Region A titles, unfortunately. Apparently it's dependant on the authoring of the disc. Region B Studio Canal releases, for example, are problematic. In other words, it's a crap shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks