What's new

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]I just had a terrific conversation with Robert Zohn Of Value Electronics. His store happens to be right next to one of my accounts so I will be stopping by next week.[...]
This was posted by Tino on Saturday. It's now Wednesday. The suspense is killing me.
O Tino, Where Art Thou? I'm living my Panny 9000 life vicariously through you.:D

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No sync problems, and the sync problems I had playing Bumblebee with my Oppo are not there with the Panny.

Reactions: PMF

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
8075F7D9-4B38-4912-B83F-824C0EF27C68.jpeg E7538191-B6BE-4AD9-BB86-B30780115B79.jpeg 2AA72140-1D7F-4FEB-A1A1-4C7DFFA3906C.jpeg Had a great day today visiting Value Electronics and spending some time with the amazing Robert Zohn.

He was very generous with his time and knowledge and talked me through the issues I was having.

I wound up purchasing the Panny 820 (at a great price) again this time knowing it wasn’t a player issue but rather a receiver issue. He also gave me some tips on setting it up properly with my equipment.

I suggested he start some king of Official Value Electronics thread somewhere here on the forum. I think the membership would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks @Robert_Zohn :)

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Glad to hear that Robert helped you get things sorted Tino, and it's always great to put a human face on someone I chat with here! I predict that you'll LOVE the 820.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I buy at BB because I’m an Elite Plus member which gives me 45 days to return any item no questions asked and it’s 5 minutes away. Very convenient.

I am an Elite Member with Best Buy but I decided to give Value Electronics a shot even though the Magnolia Best Buy is about 17 minutes away and Value Electronics is on the other side of the country. I want to thank Robert Zohn for all his help and can not wait to get this player here and installed.

avroman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Warren Thomson
I am giving myself a birthday present for my 81st birthday next week. Can't decide whether it should be the Panny 820, or the 9000. It will be used with my EPSON 6040, (Aussie 9300). Not considering price, any opinions on which I should choose for maximum benefit in picture quality?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I am giving myself a birthday present for my 81st birthday next week. Can't decide whether it should be the Panny 820, or the 9000. It will be used with my EPSON 6040, (Aussie 9300). Not considering price, any opinions on which I should choose for maximum benefit in picture quality?
Happy 81st !!!:drum:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I will start out with Happy 81st Birthday :cheers:

If your projector is HDR then the 9000 has an HDR optimizer that would make it a great choice. I am sure with projection the 9000 is just a better choice but if you do not have HDR capability I am sure the 820 will work just fine.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I will start out with Happy 81st Birthday :cheers:

If your projector is HDR then the 9000 has an HDR optimizer that would make it a great choice. I am sure with projection the 9000 is just a better choice but if you do not have HDR capability I am sure the 820 will work just fine.
The 820 also an HDR optimizer.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
View attachment 58673 View attachment 58674 View attachment 58675 Had a great day today visiting Value Electronics and spending some time with the amazing Robert Zohn.

He was very generous with his time and knowledge and talked me through the issues I was having.

I wound up purchasing the Panny 820 (at a great price) again this time knowing it wasn’t a player issue but rather a receiver issue. He also gave me some tips on setting it up properly with my equipment.

I suggested he start some king of Official Value Electronics thread somewhere here on the forum. I think the membership would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks @Robert_Zohn :)

Will the fine folks at Value Electronics perform the region free modifications if you purchase from them?

Reactions: PMF

willyTass

Supporting Actor
[QUOTE="Mark McSherry, post: 4736645, member: 391312

And for the lip-synch issue, did you go to the Audio Delay setting under Audio in the Setup Menu?

I have. It is so time consuming as I have to stop playback, adjust, check, stop playback, adjust, check etc....

And the delay is off different amounts for HDR titles vs Dolby Vision titles. Frustrating.

Also viewing on s 65” LG OLED thru a Yamaha Atmos receiver.
Have the exact same lip synch issues with my Panasonic 9000

It’s usually fleeting at the beginning of a movie then settles

Pic quality is better than my oppo 103 with their DNR Marvell qdeo chip that I’ll stick with Panasonic

Maybe it’ll get fixed in future firmware but I recall the flagship Onkyo DVD player had this years ago and was a chip implementation issue and they never fixed it

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Will the fine folks at Value Electronics perform the region free modifications if you purchase from them?

As far as I know, it's not possible to modify the UB820 or the UBA9000 to be region free for Blu-ray playback.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way, the Panny 820 is on sale this week at Value Electronics and Best Buy for $449.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks