What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Hatari! -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I have a special fondness for this one and Donovan's Reef. I think the Duke wanted to make movies he considered fun, hanging out with friends.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I love the film.
The only thing I don't care for is the Duke's fascination with Red Buttons.
Bumping an old thread, as this is a first time viewing on BD for me. What a horrific transfer. Oh well, it only cost me $7 to realize what everyone else was saying about this disc is true.
As for the film, it’s a fun little action movie. But Red Buttons character in the film is incredibly irritating. Would be great if every time he went into one of his unfunny shticks, John Wayne would just punch him in the mouth 😄

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Bumping an old thread, as this is a first time viewing on BD for me. What a horrific transfer. Oh well, it only cost me $7 to realize what everyone else was saying about this disc is true.
As for the film, it’s a fun little action movie. But Red Buttons character in the film is incredibly irritating. Would be great if every time he went into one of his unfunny shticks, John Wayne would just punch him in the mouth 😄
I remember in 1962 seeing this as a double feature with Disney's Big Red, when I was ten years old. Hatari! has a good place in my memory. I wish they would rescan and restore it. There are lots of beautiful visuals.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I remember in 1962 seeing this as a double feature with Disney's Big Red, when I was ten years old. Hatari! has a good place in my memory. I wish they would rescan and restore it. There are lots of beautiful visuals.
Should not need to be restored

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
A double feature with Hatari.,.wow, that must have been a long evening at the movies. Hatari is no 60 minute feature

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Kino announced today an upcoming 4K/UHD release of Hatari. Release date is pending.
My gobs were thoroughly smacked by that announcement. Paramount has been working their catalogue lately, but this isn't a title that I ever would have expected to get a new 4K scan. Now my hopes are up that they're going to follow suit with El Dorado, which is my own favorite Hawks western. Even if that doesn't happen, I'll still happily pick up this one, whenever they may end up actually releasing it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My gobs were thoroughly smacked by that announcement. Paramount has been working their catalogue lately, but this isn't a title that I ever would have expected to get a new 4K scan. Now my hopes are up that they're going to follow suit with El Dorado, which is my own favorite Hawks western. Even if that doesn't happen, I'll still happily pick up this one, whenever they may end up actually releasing it.
I suspect Hatari's 4K/UHD release might not be until last couple of months of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks