What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Grease Live! -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I loved Grease Live! during it's original presentation on network.

The technical bravura.

The quality of the actors and technicians, all involved performing on a high-wire, without a net.

Shot at WB in Burbank.

What could go wrong?

Start with rain...

To me, Grease Live! is a visceral event. The perfect direction of background and foreground action, cameras, audio, and then moving all of that extraordinary talent from set to set in trams.

From the first moment, to the last, for 132 minutes, people and tech talent, were in constant motion, and breaking that fourth wall, from the very first shot.

I can't say enough about this presentation.

It's now available in the steelbook Grease Collection, with the Blu-rays of Grease and Grease 2. For those who may not be considering the move to 4k, the new Blu-ray of Grease has the upgrade audio, and will be as good as it gets short of 4k.

For those who are current or future 4k fans, I wish that Paramount would made Grease Live! available on Blu-ray as a single, as it's a wonderful companion piece to the original film.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from DVD - Absolutely!

Very Highly Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to this disc. I still have the live broadcast safely ensconced on my DVR and thought the production was a technical marvel.

For those who are current or future 4k fans, I wish that Paramount would made Grease Live! available on Blu-ray as a single, as it's a wonderful companion piece to the original film.

Me, too. But I'm getting the Blu collection anyway and when my display finally gets upgraded I'll consider a 4k Grease. But with the audio apparently fixed, a 1080 Grease will probably be plenty good enough for me.

Does anyone know if there are any bonus features connected with Grease - Live! on Blu-ray?

I will NEVER forget this behind-the-scenes look at the technical director shot-calling Greased Lightning from that production:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Still a little miffed that the 4K Grease release (I’m such a poet) wasn’t included in this package. Going with this upgrade over my original Blu (the first ever Blu disc I bought back in 2009) until my main display is upgraded to 4K ( Birthday this July).

Then I’ll get the 4K version and repackage it all myself with a 4 disc case.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm looking forward to this disc. I still have the live broadcast safely ensconced on my DVR and thought the production was a technical marvel.

Me, too. But I'm getting the Blu collection anyway and when my display finally gets upgraded I'll consider a 4k Grease. But with the audio apparently fixed, a 1080 Grease will probably be plenty good enough for me.

Does anyone know if there are any bonus features connected with Grease - Live! on Blu-ray?

I will NEVER forget this behind-the-scenes look at the technical director shot-calling Greased Lightning from that production:

Yes. Extras on Live

Reactions: PMF

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I love how fans of the first Grease act like Grease 2 is such an atrocity when it's basically the same movie with a better lead actress. :)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I am looking for to Grease Live! I took the Warner lot tour just a few days before it was broadcast and it was fun seeing the places I had walked just a few days prior.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
No Pepsi
855422320_b387bb4758[1].jpg
COKE ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members