What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Get Out -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Jordan Peele's extremely popular and well reviewed Get Out, from Universal is a film with bits and piece of many other films, and of numerous genres.

I can only presume that the title of the film might be what audience members are screaming at Mr. Kaluuya's Chris Washington, the titular character, once they come upon a certain plot point that opens the drama, much did Scotty seeing that necklace around Judy's neck.

The film has a dash of Rosemary's Baby, combined with a dollop of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Stepford Wives, along with a major nod to Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

But it's nothing like any of those film, and it's popularity proves that it need not be.

I'll not go into plot, but performances shine across the board not only from Mr. Kaluuya, but Alison Williams, Catherine Keener, Bradley Whitford, and a host of character players.

Shot on an Alexa Mini (a new one to me) through a 2k DI, Universal's Blu-ray rings all the right bells. Audio is full and rich in DTS-HD MA (5.1)

Get Out is a unique film, with plot points that you won't see coming. I advise against reading reviews that discuss storyline.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks