What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Forbidden Hollywood Collection Volume Three (1 Viewer)

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Just watched THE PURCHASE PRICE. I AM SHOCKED at how wonderful it looks!! So impeccably clean and detailed (for SD) I can hardly believe it is so old! They must've had an amazing source to harvest an image this clean!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
No disc or skipping problems here so far.

I have watched the "Wild Bill" documentary and "Wild Boys of the Road" so far. I was immensely impressed by both and shocked that I've never heard of "Wild Boys...." before.....outside of Duran Duran that is.

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui
Received my set last night. I really enjoyed the William Wellman documentary that was included.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I am having a great time with these and have enjoyed three of them so far. Frisco Jenny is great and a lot of fun. A little Madame X in that story.

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
I just watched the two on disc one, and I can't imagine why "The Purchase Price" is considered a 'forbidden film'. Just because Stanwyck is seen in her underwear for about 15 seconds?

It's a nice film - with a surprisingly wooden performance from the usually dapper George Brent - but it sure 'nuff doesn't strike me as a pre-code-type film.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
There are several pre-code moments in The Purchase Price.

1. The other brides (one of whom is Mae Busch of Laurel and Hardy fame) suggestive conversation on the train, esp the crack about the size of a man's nose or ears.

2. The fact that Barbara is shacking up with her Gangster boyfriend (she even has gasp a key to their love nest). Which later leads her hubby George Brent to imply she is a whore and sends her into a crying fit.

3. David Landau's creepy character trying to make deal where Barbara comes and "keeps house" for him.

4. The several suggestive shots of the marital bed, her nightgown, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks