What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Executive Decision -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
FoxyMulder said:
Pointless, they already filmed it, i just don't go along with people who treat living creatures this way, i don't care if it's the smallest insect or the largest mammal, to me there is right and wrong and you treat other species as you yourself would like to be treated, we aren't cavemen anymore, we are supposedly an intelligent species and yet we can inflict such horrendous cruelty on so called "lower species" and i disagree with it, especially for entertainment purposes.
I take it that you're a vegan?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by JoshZ /t/325358/a-few-words-about-executive-decision-in-blu-ray/30#post_4008874
I take it that you're a vegan?

Yes i am but even if i wasn't i'd still take the view that we need to be more thoughtful on how we treat other species and the planet in general. ( i'm not a plant loving hippy )

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
WillG said:
Have to disagree with you on this one. Really, how often does an International version of an American film become the sole option for release in the US? Yes, I know they do release international versions of films in the US, but that's usually when that version contains extra/uncensored footage not seen in the US release. Think "Eyes Wide Shut" for example. Many times an international cut is included alongside a US theatrical cut.
I agree with Josh that this movie is property of WB and it's their decision on how to release it. It's not a First Amendment issue. But at the same time, I find it wishy-washy (and let's not pretend we don't know the "why" behind the version that was chosen for release).
I'll challenge with this, would you be ok, if the day ever comes when we get an anamorphic, Blu-Ray release of "The Abyss" but Fox decides to use the British version where the scenes of the demonstration of the rat breathing in the oxygen liquid were censored because it was deemed "cruel" to animals (even though the rat they used was not harmed). How about the censored "international" versions of "Temple of Doom" or "Lethal Weapon 2." Don't tell me fans wouldn't be going ape shit if that were the case.
For the record, this is terrible.
The making the villains less-muslim is stupid, it's an action movie. What WB did was both lazy and cowardly in the most obscene way.
it was stupid to cow tow for the world market, it only serves the pretend equivalence that leaves schoolgirls in the ICU.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
FoxyMulder said:
Yes i am but even if i wasn't i'd still take the view that we need to be more thoughtful on how we treat other species and the planet in general. ( i'm not a plant loving hippy )
Meat is tasty, sorry. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It looks like rather than remaster both the original cut and the International cut, for their respective regions, WHV decided to just release the International cut globally.
I get that WB may not have wanted to master both versions (although, really, how hard is it to master 2 versions when the differences only amount to a few seconds?). Again, I would maintain that it is odd to use an International release of an American film as the "default" Therefore, IMO, the decision must have been for very deliberate reason.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Does anyone know if the uncut U.S. version is available on blu from overseas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks