What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Everything you wanted to know about sex* -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Everyone knows that Woody Allen's Eyawtkas* was based upon a humorous self-help book by Dr. David Reuben, which topped the best-seller lists back in 1969.

Peopled with some of the tops names in the acting profession, Mr. Allen's take on the book, which is more a series of vignettes than a continuous feature film, is still funny. Not laugh out loud, uncontrollably funny, but worth more than a few sometimes uncomfortable chuckles.

The master, supplied to Twilight Time by MGM, does an nice job of reproducing the looks and textures of the original, although I'm not knowledgable enough about the film to comment on the aspect ratio of the main title sequence, which appears to be around 1.5:1, before it opens up to the grandeur of 1.85.

Good color (this was never a spectacularly visual film), proper grain, and a nicely reproduced mono track are all in place to allow for a very high quality Blu-ray.

While many Allen completists will be gobbling up copies of this limited edition, it should find a wider audience.

For those counting, Eyawtkas* was Mr. Allen's fifth film as director, out of his current total of one thousand two hundred fifty one.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4.75

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
One of the funniest scenes in all of his films is the segment with John Carradine as a mad sex researcher who unleashes a giant breast that rampages across the countryside....a scene Russ Meyer would be proud of.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Hmmmm. I thought Woody Allen had made only 1,248 films. I wonder which of the three I've missed?;)*

TT, you had me at Day One.:)

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
One of the funniest scenes in all of his films is the segment with John Carradine as a mad sex researcher who unleashes a giant breast that rampages across the countryside....a scene Russ Meyer would be proud of.

And I continue to be in awe of Heather MacRae keeping a straight face as she delivers the classic line "Oh Victor, what are we gonna do to stop this fiendish tit?"

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine saw a preview that had the spider scene in it & omitted "What's My Perversion".

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
FYI, What's My Perversion is supposed to look terrible. Its a kinescope of a videotape recording,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks