What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Enchanted -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Having lived through the fears and tears as a child, fully maneuvered by the Disney organization at every turn, in animated classic after animated classic, it's nice to see them receive a bit of comeuppance, neatly done, and in good-natured fashion by their own hand.

Amy Adams is wonderfully over the top as the stereotypical Disney animated princess sent to the dark side by the mother of her prince to be.

Beginning as a pillar-boxed image, and opening to full scope proportions once the real world is reached, Disney has brought the tale to Blu-ray with beautiful colors and a fully resolved image.

For those (if there are any) who did not grow up on the cornucopia of Disney animated films, both classics as well as "classics," Enchanted may a bit odd, but for the rest of us, Enchanted is a delightful romp into the "what might have beens" of Disney animation history.

With the heavy layer of Disney reverence for their past temporarily removed, Enchanted arrives on Blu-ray as a fun film in every respect.

Recommended.

RAH

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Thanks Robert for the review. I have had the movie on Blu-ray for quite some time, but have never gotten around to watching it. I think I'll pull it out for the weekend and have some friends come over and watch it with us. Should be a good time for all.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Enchanteds been out a while now.

Backlogged RAH? :D

(Just ribbing you) Great and funny flick! Its in my collection.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Working toward Broken Blossoms and Rescued by Rover when time permits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks