What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Just Jaeckin’s Emmanuelle (1974), set a tone for many artful, soft-core, aka “erotic” films that would follow.
Beautifully, and lushly photographed in Thailand and Seychelles, it’s a class act.
Kino is releasing the first three films in the series, all starring Sylvia Kristel, who was featured in the hit Private Lessons (1981), before continuing the Emmanuelle series with 4 (1984), and 6 (1993). Emmanuelle 5, directed by Walerian Borowczyk (1987), had Monique Gabrielle in the titular role.
Kino Lorber’s new Blu-ray is a quality example of the film, and is a certain upgrade for fans.
I’ll leave it to others to work their way through the many permutations and combinations of the Emmanuelle character, inclusive of Abbott and Costello Meet Emmanuelle, and Emmanuelle vs. Dracula.
The image if properly matted at 1.66, and includes some interesting extras.
Image – 5
Audio – 5
Pass / Fail – Pass
Upgrade from previous Blu-ray – Yes
Recommended
RAH...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My memories are that I have to stop watching the movie aft about 15 minutes or so ... ;)? I believe Emmanuelle, Bob, and Carol, Ted and Alice ... was a straight to video affair ... :eek:

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Kino is releasing the first three films in the series, all starring Sylvia Kristel, who was featured in the hit Private Lessons (1981), before continuing the Emmanuelle series with 4 (1984), and 6 (1993). Emmanuelle 5, directed by Walerian Borowczyk (1987), had Monique Gabrielle in the titular role.
That would be Emmanuelle 7 (1993). Emmanuelle 6, which premiered in 1988, starred Natalie Uher.

I quite like Emmanuelle 4 although Sylvia's participation is minor, undergoing a complete surgical reconstruction and introducing Swedish Mia Nygren in her place.

Sylvia would also take part in seven Emmanuelle TV movies that premiered in 1993 where she and George Lazenby reminisce about younger years with flashbacks featuring Marcela Walerstein as the younger Emmanuelle.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm gonna start hte thread "Actresses you think should have played Emmanuelle in the movies" then I'm going to list all the ones I wanna see without clothes on. :p :p
Start that in the After Hours Forum and I'll upload photos of all the actresses on my list! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks