What's new

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The reviews for the Warner Archer/Annolis German Blu Ray revealed that Annolis used the old 2005 DVD Master that Warner Archive rejected. They then created a new 2K transfer with color correction and film restoration. So the Warner Archive the one to get for picture quality. The German one is worth getting for the extras.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Very true and most Millennials don't like slasher films they are into Ghost stories which is why 8 out of 10 horror movies now are ghost stories. The slasher films are being bought in large by people who grew up in the 80's and 90's that rented them as kids and thus have memories that all of them were great.
My eldest son must be the exception that proves the rule in this regard. He loves both ghost stories AND slashers. I showed him Upgrade when he was home for Canadian Thanksgiving [not really either, but plenty of disturbing gore], and his reaction to one particular scene early on was, shall we say, palpable?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
My eldest son must be the exception that proves the rule in this regard. He loves both ghost stories AND slashers. I showed him Upgrade when he was home for Canadian Thanksgiving [not really either, but plenty of disturbing gore], and his reaction to one particular scene early on was, shall we say, palpable?
There are lots of exceptions. This was just a generalization.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
My German 2018 Blu-Ray of DRACULA A.D.1972 has arrived!

The extras are worth the asking price alone I would say as follows..

38.53 minute making of very well produced "Updating Dracula"
10 minute documentary "Symphony of Horror" looking at the music score.
Artwork gallery
Advert cards
Film programme
Posters/Lobby cards
Trailers English and German WS
Commentary in German but yet to try it with subtitles.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a fan of these last two Drac films so this one was a must have for my collection.

Last edited:

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm getting the new German one for the extras alone, but I'm still waiting for more reviews with screen grabs to decide whether I want WAC's or not. So much in terms of viewing enjoyment depends on the color timing, which was terribly flat and muted on the old DVD's print, I understand was rejected. Fingers crossed.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting the new German one for the extras alone, but I'm still waiting for more reviews with screen grabs to decide whether I want WAC's or not. So much in terms of viewing enjoyment depends on the color timing, which was terribly flat and muted on the old DVD's print, I understand was rejected. Fingers crossed.
The German blu ray uses the old 2005 DVD master. The new WAC blu ray is a brand new 2018 2k master. The WAC blu ray has much better color and detail than the german one not surprisingly. The german one is good to have if you want the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks