What's new

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Are there any current specials or coupon codes for the site?
Not that I know of at this time. Their recent special just ended April 1st.

I was hoping for another special sale soon but it won't include the more recent releases & announcements. TT's June announcements I find very interesting.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Not that I know of at this time. Their recent special just ended April 1st.

I was hoping for another special sale soon but it won't include the more recent releases & announcements. TT's June announcements I find very interesting.

Ok. Sounds like I’ll need to pay the $40 if I want the title. Stinks that it’s limited edition. No time to procrastinate!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
ok, so that was an easy sale for TT, would be nice to see some of the the other titles show up, looking as good as this review

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
While agree with most everything you said, I think her "dumb blonde" roles did have layers. The Seven Year Itch is a very different role from Some Like It Hot and I love her comedic talent in How to Marry a Millionaire.

The one movie besides DBTK that is criminally underrated is Niagara. She is far from a "dumb blonde" in that, and is one more instance of another dimension to her great talent.

Matter of fact, while I am gushing, I could almost argue for every role she has done no matter how small. Love Nest is yet another not so "dumb blonde" and even the sass in Monkey Business or Hometown Story is a place to take notice.

She was a hottie for sure and there were so many things that made her so unique like her deeper voice her controlling aspect, but then her softness. One of the places that one should start with what I mean is her role in Clash by Night. From one minute to the next, you never know what she will be.

Anyway, for this thread I think the light needs to shine on this fantastic release. Here is one of my favorite moments. The crazy eyes she gives when she tells the doll story! That and the windows scene makes me chill. What a shame that MM didn't live longer, because I think she would have got a meatier role in time and all she needed to do was age a little more.
I agree with all the MM movies you mentioned, and would like to add one more: The Misfits.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I think she would have made for a fantastic Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate!
Did you know that Doris Day was the first choice for Mrs. Robinson, but her manager/husband, Marty Melcher, nixed the idea because he thought it would hurt her career!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I think she would have made for a fantastic Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate!
"Boop-Boop-De-Boop, Mrs. Robinson..." works just as easily as "Koo-Koo-Ka-Choo...".

Last edited:

plektret

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
I've always been amazed by this film because it was done before Marilyn's famed acting lessons, but her performance is amazing.
I've always maintained that Marilyn is one of the most underrated acting talents ever. I find her acting to always be very emotionally genuine and sincere. Her acting with facial expressions, especially her eyes, moves me like no other film actor/actress. But I'm biased as I've been in love with her since I was like 12. Obviously she should also be viewed as one of the very best film comedians.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I've always maintained that Marilyn is one of the most underrated acting talents ever. I find her acting to always be very emotionally genuine and sincere. Her acting with facial expressions, especially her eyes, moves me like no other film actor/actress. But I'm biased as I've been in love with her since I was like 12. Obviously she should also be viewed as one of the very best film comedians.
Can't fault you for falling in love with Marilyn at 12; but, being that you're from Sweden, I do certainly hope you can understand how the very same thing had happened to me, upon the arrival of those two beautiful ladies from ABBA. I do, I do, I do, I do, I do.;)

Last edited:

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I've always maintained that Marilyn is one of the most underrated acting talents ever. I find her acting to always be very emotionally genuine and sincere. Her acting with facial expressions, especially her eyes, moves me like no other film actor/actress.
Her vulnerability is what attracted so many people to her. On and off the screen.
jpg00045.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks