What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Dexter - The Seventh Season -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

The finale of Dexter's Season Six was one of the greats in finales.  Where were they going to go?

Now we know, with Season Seven.

One is either a fan of this show, or not.  I've found very few people that just hang around as in-betweeners.

I love it.

But I don't watch it on air.  I wait until the Blu-ray is released.

To my eye, there is such a huge difference to this project photographically between cable and BD, that I find it worthwhile to wait.

Season Seven is no exception.  It's not only perfect, but one of those HD productions that can be considered a poster child for the format, for although there have apparently been some occasional use of 35mm, Dexter has been digital from day one, and literally maturing along with the technology.

Currently on sale at Amazon for under $30 for the season.  And I can guarantee that these aren't going to be bootlegs.

Recommended.

RAH 

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Absolutely LOVE this series. I read the first few books before ever seeing an episode, and when I finally got around to seeing the pilot I wasn't very impressed. A couple years after that I gave it another chance and watched all of season 3 and have been hooked ever since. (Season 1 was essentially the first book, which I had read, so I wasn't lost on the big picture of what the series was all about). It didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that the series was better than the books. My wife and I have been watching it straight on Showtime since the beginning of season 6. We CANNOT wait for the new (and final) season starting next month.

We have seasons 3-5 on DVD (before we went blu), and I think we're gonna wait till a complete series set comes out to get the rest, even if we have a few duplicates. As for season 7 specifically, I think it had some REALLY great episodes and overall a solid season.
I only wish that the Issac Sirko character could've been in it till the end of the season somehow. We REALLY dug his character and storyline and simply wanted more of him. Had no problem with the conclusion of his arc, just wish it wasn't on episode 9 or whatever it was.[/SPOIELR]

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
OOPS! I spelt "Spoiler" wrong in the end bracket. I don't see any option to edit my post. Could a moderator help?

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Robert Harris said:
But I don't watch it on air. I wait until the Blu-ray is released.

RAH
I wish that I had such remarkable restraint... But there's no way I'm not going to be glued to my seat on June 30th for the season 8 premiere.

However, sometimes patience can be rewarding (a.k.a. ignorance is bliss). There were many times in the past where I missed the first run of certain TV series, only to discover them later, when they were released commercial free, and in a higher quality presentation format than they had been seen originally.

Case in point was "24". Never watched it until a friend had recommended it with such glowing accolades, that I finally had to rent disc 1 of season 1 to see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say I was immediately hooked, and managed to rent and watch the entire first 5 seasons during the summer months preceding the premiere of season 6.

This was not the case with Dexter, as I've been a fan since the first episode premiered. I've been amazed that the quality of the writing, and the acting has been maintained at such a high level throughout the past 7 seasons. I'll wager that season 8 will not disappoint.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Reed Grele said:
I wish that I had such remarkable restraint... But there's no way I'm not going to be glued to my seat on June 30th for the season 8 premiere.
I always say that TV shows are meant to be seen on a week to week basis. You're supposed to get the end of an episode and say "Oh man, I can't wait to see the next one!" That being said, I certainly understand why people wait until a season of Dexter or 24 or Lost or Game Of Thrones is finished to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks