What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Dexter: The First Season -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Unlike the leads in Burn after Reading, Dexter IS someone that you may wish to invite over for dinner.

He's a nice guy who just happens to have a penchant for killing the dregs of society, and taking as a souvenir a sample of their blood.

Haven't tortured anyone lately? Not hanging around junior high schools in vans searching for victims?

Then Dexter can be a fine friend, and good one.

When the industry seeks "high concept," Dexter fits the bill.

It entertains while it rids the world of bad guys.

On Blu-ray, Dexter looks fine. Remember, this is made for cable, and viewing on small screens. Thin scenes can get a bit grainy, which is normal and should not be thought of as problematic. Just don't let Dexter hear your complaints. Word has it, he likes grain.

Recommended.

RAH

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Dexter is IMO the best show on TV (How I Met your Mother a close second) and I wish I didn't get the DVD sets in the summer so I could score these blu-ray sets.

I have no doubt the PQ is pretty good since season 2 and season 3 looked good via broadcast HD on my RS2 projector.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Its good to see this get the thumbs up from RAH. I watched the edited versions in HD on CBS and enjoyed them enough to want a Blu copy of my own.

One thing that puzzles me about this release - it appears that most of the extras are available via BD Live. What exactly does that mean? Are the extras only online and you need to connect to see them? Or are they actually on disc and you need to connect to be allowed to access them?

My PS3 isn't connected to the internet normally. I would have to go to some effort to make it so. Why can't the extras just be on the damn disc?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Isn't your PS3 wireless? If so, it should not take too much effort. I agree about the extras being on the disc, though--I thought that was the point of the extra capacity.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Yes, it is - but I would have to set up a router for the signal, and I find its slower than having my cable internet simply connect directly to the Mac upstairs.

I mean, its not agony - but it is a drag just to access some extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks