What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Daisy Kenyon -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Otto Preminger's Daisy Kenyon, with Joan Crawford, Dana Andrews and Henry Fonda in the leads, probably holds up decently today because of what may have seemed an extremely adult premise, when it opened for Christmas business, back in 1947.

A love triangle turns into a veritable quadrangle, with Ms Crawford doing what she'd done best for a couple of decades.

Beautifully photographed by Leon Shamroy, and with enough meat still left on the bones to allow us a very good idea of what it looked like at the time. It's from a decent dupe, with a bit of streaking, but overall okay. The score by David Raksin is also of interest.

One must wonder precisely how Mr. Preminger ended up at the helm of this one. His direction works, but he's done far better. And far worse. Think Exodus.

Image - 3.75

Audio - 4

4k Up-rez - 3.75

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Many thanks.

Being a major fan of Leon Shamroy, I'll now buy this disc. I always enjoy the company of Henry Fonda, and it will be interesting to see how arch-tyrant Preminger controlled arch-prima donna Crawford.

Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This film is a long-time guilty pleasure of mine going back to my youth during the 1960's, when I first viewed another Preminger film named "Laura". I can't wait to have this Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks