What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Clue -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Johnny Angell said:
It's $15.69 at Amazon right now. It's been down to $11 and change, which I missed.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Should have said, but yes, everything from the cover art to the menus to the content to the encode is identical.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Oblivion138 said:
The Warner re-issue is actually $12.99 on Amazon right now.
Thanks. I ended up ordering a new copy of it for just under $12 on ebay! Should be here in a few days. Looking forward to seeing it in HD.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Interesting note on the reissue. Why or did the title move from Paramount to WB?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Osato said:
Interesting note on the reissue. Why or did the title move from Paramount to WB?
Warner had just made a deal (as of Dec.-Jan.) to handle distribution for some of Paramount's back-catalog vintage and 80's titles, and Clue was apparently on the list. Just because it'd already come out in August didn't give it an excuse to make money for the other studio, so folding the Paramount release and reissuing the new Warner label was the quickest way to tie up any ownership issues. But, as noted, it's the same disk, just with a new daddy.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ejanss said:
Warner had just made a deal (as of Dec.-Jan.) to handle distribution for some of Paramount's back-catalog vintage and 80's titles, and Clue was apparently on the list. Just because it'd already come out in August didn't give it an excuse to make money for the other studio, so folding the Paramount release and reissuing the new Warner label was the quickest way to tie up any ownership issues. But, as noted, it's the same disk, just with a new daddy.
Interesting! So do the WB issued ones carry a WB label on the packaging? I noticed Amazon has 2 listings for the Clue blu ray and they have different pricing as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks