What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Annabelle: Creation -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Along with the DC superhero universe, and the Marvel superhero universe, we now officially have The Conguring Universe, which began way back in 2013 with James Wan's original The Conjuring.

The latest to hit the home theater world is Annabelle: Creation aka, Annabelle 2, directed by David Sandberg, and it's a quality little film, with enough scares, and fun effects to make it worthwhile.

Shot on an Alexa XT and a Red Epic, it has superb image quality, which along with an original Dolby Atmos track, as replicated on the Blu-ray, creates a stellar home video product.

Note must be made of the Atmos, as height channels are used very well in this project.

One of the things that, as most people are aware, that sets this apart from the other huge budgeted universe films, is that Annabelle is based upon fact.

While the storyline obviously has its way with reality, the basis is real.

A quality addition to the series.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Yes, I liked this strange historical horror movie. Definitely creeped me out. Enjoyed the California setting in the 1950s, which reminded me of my childhood. And I had no idea that somehow there's a basis in fact somewhere for part of this story....! Yikes.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Since it's now 7.99 at amazon I finally got this one. Has an audio commentary from the director as well as some other features.

YANG

Screenwriter
Terrific film. Scary as hell.
i need some verification here... some odd scene encountered when i was playing the DVD version of this film...
after the girls reached their new "home", during orientation tour, the "polio girl" took the ride on the electric lifting chair to the 2nd floor of the house, passes by a room with open door that seems to have an image of an old lady reflected on the mirror? was that a crew or really something spooky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks