What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ All That Jazz -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Speaking of Airotica, is anyone familiar with one of the principal dancers, Danny Ruvolo? He was killed in a car crash during filming in 1978 and I'm trying to figure out which dancer he is. Trying to do a google image search brings up photos of other dancers under his name but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly who Danny was. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Will Krupp said:
Speaking of Airotica, is anyone familiar with one of the principal dancers, Danny Ruvolo? He was killed in a car crash during filming in 1978 and I'm trying to figure out which dancer he is. Trying to do a google image search brings up photos of other dancers under his name but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly who Danny was. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
I think he is listed as Dancer 6, name Danny, not a single pic out there but i found this for you, obviously it's an old document so i'm not revealing any secret info, someone might take a screencap from the blu ray and show you his image.

311774.jpg

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
FoxyMulder said:
I think he is listed as Dancer 6, name Danny, not a single pic out there but i found this for you, obviously it's an old document so i'm not revealing any secret info, someone might take a screencap from the blu ray and show you his image.
Thanks Malcolm, I did come across that when trying to find out which one he was and I found that there's even a memorial scholarship in his name at Leggz, Ltd but I can't find a single picture that positively identifies him specifically. All the searches point to the group of dancers from Airotica or other dancers who aren't Danny. By process of elimination (all the dancers use their own first names in the number) I am able to narrow it down,though. Anyway, it just struck me as a sad story because he was so young and he never got to see the movie completed.

Thanks, guys!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
FoxyMulder said:

311774.jpg
OMG! I actually saw Danny in Ulysses in Nighttown!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
No, Will, look at the year (1974). I vividly remember the production, and liking it, but I can't remember any particular face in the ensemble.

WilliamMcK

Second Unit
Real Name
Biff
A friend of mine and I were trying to figure out who played Autumn (he's the only dancer who apparently wasn't billed under his real name)... I thought it was Danny Ruvolo, but my friend said he didn't think so... Doing some more research I'm pretty sure now, that Autumn was played by Leland Schwantes.

Here's a link to a screen cap of the dancer who I *think* may have been Danny Ruvolo...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70kgdq4vsfs7h6w/ruvolo.jpg?dl=0

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I just finished this, it was the first time in many years that I've seen it.

It was emotionally devastating. By the time Gideon reached the angel of death, I was in tears.

Best Blu-ray of the year behind IAMMMMW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks