What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Alice, Sweet Alice aka Communion - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Alfred Sole's low-budget, 1976 whodunit, may not be to my taste, but it has a following, and it's a good little film.

Featuring the initial appearance of Brooke Shields, and one of the last for Lillian Roth (look her up), it has been released by Arrow, and it's a magnificent Blu-ray.

Nothing is left wanting in terms of quality.

Another film, for which the less spoken the better. The fans know who you are, and you'll be amazed by the quality.

Appears on screen as an EK print. Perfect.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from DVD – Yes

RAH

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
It's kind'a sad when a C-grade cult movie gets a better restoration and hi-def release than a great movie like Mirage, n'est-ce pas? For those who love 'Alice, Sweet Alice' - I'm happy for them. Their prayers have been answered. For those of us who wish the pendulum would swing both ways, with quality releases of every movie committed to hi-def Blu - the quest for the Holy Grail goes on...and on...and on.

I oft' get slammed for making these suggestions. But I don't think it has to be an either/or decision. Can't we have both?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks