John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
That's what I was thinking. I had the LD and would love it on BD. I have the DVD of Silver Screen Collectors Edition put out by DVD Matters from 1997 (slide tray). I think that DVD print is the best out there.

Reactions: Tony Bensley

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Shout almost never has big price drops maybe one of those 2 hour black Friday deals from Amazon but that would be about it. This already had a big price drop for the preorder from $169.99 to $123.00. I expect the price to go back in price pretty soon.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
I would enjoy a huge price drop in the blu ray set. And I mean a huge drop in price. I haven't bought it yet. Still have the DVD set.
Me Too ! Waiting for price drop on Amazon. Black Friday sale I hope. Plus my Reward Points.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
One little thing about this release that really impresses me is the lack of added logos on each movie. They start as they did originally with *no* Shout! or "New Universal" corporate logo added. Just the original Universal logo in use at the time. I wish more catalog releases were treated with this type of respect.

From It Ain't Hay:

Knock on the door
Grover (Abbot): Go answer the door, it might be Warner.
Wilbur (Costello): It won't do no good, we're signed up with Universal.

Last edited:

Rob W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'm really impressed by the packaging, which is compact and shelf-friendly for 28 films, especially compared to the Monty Python box which I received within the same week (not to mention Universal's own bulky trunk box for the dvd release) .

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Unlike the A&C starring vehicles, One Night in the Tropics is one of their films I almost never watch. I hadn't seen it in probably forty years and decided to give it a look tonight. It became VERY obvious why I have left it alone all this time: all the scheming machinations between the women to land the men of their choice are beyond tiresome, and the men are so weak and ineffectual that you just want to kick them in their behinds and tell them to grow some backbone.

A&C save the whole shebang with their classic routines. I can see why the reisssue was trimmed to 69 minutes to get rid of those silly couples and put more of the focus on the boys.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Unlike the A&C starring vehicles, One Night in the Tropics is one of their films I almost never watch. I hadn't seen it in probably forty years and decided to give it a look tonight. It became VERY obvious why I have left it alone all this time: all the scheming machinations between the women to land the men of their choice are beyond tiresome, and the men are so weak and ineffectual that you just want to kick them in their behinds and tell them to grow some backbone
Heheheh. I'm not sure why but I've always had more affection for ONE NIGHT than most people do. I'm not sure if it's the clothes, the specifically 1940 "feel" of it, Peggy Moran, or Nancy "I hope you choke" Kelly but something about it just "works" for me. I always used to get thrilled every time it came up in rotation on WPIX back in the old days, but it was not a success by any means. In fact, Peggy Moran said that Bob Cummings referred to it as ONE NIGHT IN THE FLOPICS for the rest of his life and apparently she agreed with him (perhaps her step grandson, Kevin Koster, can tell us if that's true or not!)

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
Heheheh. I'm not sure why but I've always had more affection for ONE NIGHT than most people do. I'm not sure if it's the clothes, the specifically 1940 "feel" of it, Peggy Moran, or Nancy "I hope you choke" Kelly but something about it just "works" for me. I always used to get thrilled every time it came up in rotation on WPIX back in the old days, but it was not a success by any means. In fact, Peggy Moran said that Bob Cummings referred to it as ONE NIGHT IN THE FLOPICS for the rest of his life and apparently she agreed with him (perhaps her step grandson, Kevin Koster, can tell us if that's true or not!)
it’s because of the MUSTARD. Mustard on a hot dog is the best.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayGeezy