What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have 5 prints of MEET FRANKENSTEIN (2 SD/3 BD) and getting another one is not in the cards. What I would buy in a second are all their other movies on BD.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I have 5 prints of MEET FRANKENSTEIN (2 SD/3 BD) and getting another one is not in the cards. What I would buy in a second are all their other movies on BD.
I think we all do but with 27 other films plus lots of great extras I don't even count that. If you look at as 27 films instead of 28 it still comes out to around $5.00 a film. If they released them separately going by Shouts normal pricing they would be around $20.00 a film or at least $15 on sale.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Why do you think any of us would be shocked or think your opinion is controversial??
It’s just your opinion. Not shocking or controversial to me in any way. :)

I only said that because I know most A&C fans hold Africa Screams in much higher regard than Jack & the Beanstalk. And when I say "much higher", I mean MUCH HIGHER. :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think we all do but with 27 other films plus lots of great extras I don't even count that. If you look at as 27 films instead of 28 it still comes out to around $5.00 a film. If they released them separately going by Shouts normal pricing they would be around $20.00 a film or at least $15 on sale.
Exactly!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I know what you mean. Same with me. Multiple copies of that just to get the different sets of other titles I like.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
So true.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just got my shipping notice from Amazon. Mine will be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to watching them in order. I will throw in the missing 8 films in order as well which is what I always do. Noose Hangs high and Dance with me Henry are on Blu Ray but the others are not. Hopefully WAC will release blus of the 3 MGM features and Abbot and Costello meet Captain Kidd.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm rather impatiently awaiting my order... I switched to Target during their B2G1 sale a couple of weeks back because the final, shipped, price was ~$91. Much better than the ~$135 price I did have from Amazon. It's "processed" but awaiting shipment for a Nov. 20th-25th arrival.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I just got my shipping notice from Amazon. Mine will be delivered tomorrow.

Mine too! It's a nice surprise because, until the shipping notice, they were predicting a Thursday delivery. I chalked it up to ordering it and then deciding I was crazy and didn't need it right away. I cancelled the order and then reversed myself just a few days ago (of COURSE I need it right away, what was I thinking?) since the price never increased.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Got mine. Very nice set. The booklet and packaging mimics the trunk case DVD set. I watched the 1st film One Night in the Tropics. Definite picture improvement over the DVD. I noticed the soundtrack is a bit noisy in spots but that has always been the case. The audio on this one is Dolby Digital which surprised me and I was thinking the whole set was this way but it looks like the majority are in DTS-HD with a few in Dolby D if they have noisy audio. I sampled Abbott and Costello Meet the Keystone Cops. Great to see it in Widescreen it gives the film a better overall look as if it had a bigger budget. Its 1.85:1 instead of the intended 2.0:1 per Bob Furmanek's research but not a big deal just great to have it in widescreen.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I hope that everyone enjoys our Castle Films supplement.

Those original boxes are not easy to find, especially in pristine condition!

1.jpg

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Well, I had some time to sample some of Volume One. Yes, they are vastly improved over the DVD sets. Still disappointed that Universal didn't have proper materials for ONE NIGHT IN THE TROPICS. They got the Universal logo on it, but the first credit still has Universal Presents blotted out and missing the Cast rollup, but other than that, it was more than okay.
I wonder what happened to IN THE NAVY as it does look a bit shabby compared to the others, but much better than the DVD.
The big surprise was in the credits of HOLD THAT GHOST. All my life, I noticed that "hair" bobbling around in the cartoon background plate during the first part of the credits. When they dissolve to the same background plate, it disappears, but this transfer they either digitally took out the hair or used a source before the hair got there. By the way, it is at the bottom left side of the opening 2 or 3 credits. So someone must have alerted Universal about this.
Anyway, it will be a delight to view them all in order...even the very few I don't like that much. Thanks Shout! and Universal and all the A&C experts that makes this a definitive release.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The big surprise was in the credits of HOLD THAT GHOST. All my life, I noticed that "hair" bobbling around in the cartoon background plate during the first part of the credits. When they dissolve to the same background plate, it disappears, but this transfer they either digitally took out the hair or used a source before the hair got there. By the way, it is at the bottom left side of the opening 2 or 3 credits. So someone must have alerted Universal about this.

Hold That Ghost was the first one I threw on just to see if the hair was there. I have seen it on the VHS and DVD. I was happy and surprised to see that it was gone. However, I’m saving my DVD for hair nostalgia.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I hope that everyone enjoys our Castle Films supplement.

Those original boxes are not easy to find, especially in pristine condition!

View attachment 65223
I haven't looked at the castle films feature yet. But it will bring back memories. I still have my castle films 10-12 minute silent versions of Pardon My Sarong, Meet the Keystone Kops and In the Foreign Legion. All purchased in 1977. Mine were the Super 8 versions

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks