What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ 2012 -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The majority of modern films dependent upon effects laden storylines are generally precisely that. A story with all of the normal attributes that is used to hold the fx sequences together. 2012 is no different. No better, occasionally worse. The point of interest here is how the filmmaker has used digital technology to up the fx ante. The actual story is almost irrelevant.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I didn't think much of the story or the characters or even the actors, but the visual effects were stunning. I will be buying it on Blu purely for the visuals. And why not?

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
That movie had so much intense activity going on all the time, that my stomach hurt after it was over. Not sure I can take it again.

And I like John Cusack, but the casting was awful.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I also will be buying this simply for the visuals. It's going to look great on my screen! Damn I love HD! I also enjoyed the movie, how about that? :) Still ID4 is my favorite RE film, followed by Stargate. Day After Tomorrow was almost OK, but 10,000 BC was the worst movie I've seen in a long time.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Haven't you folks heard? Archaeologists have just unearthed what appears to be a second half of the Mayan calendar. It seems that we're good to go until 3012.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That's right; the first one they forgot to count weekends and holidays.

Originally Posted by David Wilkins

Haven't you folks heard? Archaeologists have just unearthed what appears to be a second half of the Mayan calendar. It seems that we're good to go until 3012.

Don May Jr

Stunt Coordinator
2012 was certainly silly, but it'll look great on my new 9' screen, so I'll have to buy it and skip to the last hour which, in my opinion, was the best part. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks