What's new

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is it just a mere coincidence or does a lot of these actresses in these old horror films spend much of the time in their nightgowns?!
The "sexy damsel in distress" has sold MANY movie tix. Gotta try to live up to those movie posters.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
So, interestingly, there was always a blooper on the HORROR ISLAND DVD at the 26:25 mark. When the group arrives at the island and walks into the main room of the castle, there's a moving wide shot that is running a little bit faster than the actors. The camera picks up an obvious (and somewhat confused) member of the lighting crew who must realize he's in camera range at some point because he drops his arm (carrying the light) and does an about face to get the hell out of the shot. It's charming but an obvious goof. On the blu-ray, he's missing (I always look for him.) The shot now cuts off right before he appears but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding edit on the soundtrack (unless it's cleverly hidden.) I don't really know music cues so I can't tell for sure but I wonder if the mistake was in the original theatrical presentation or if it was made during the transfer to DVD?

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
If you watch the included trailer VERY carefully, I think he is visible in it....almost obscured by some lettering.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
No lighting man = NO SALE!!!!!! :huh:

(wait, I already bought it! Okay, no lighting man = SALE but I'm ANGRY about it! :P )

I’m a little upset that they removed the hair from the title cards on the A&C Hold That Ghost. That hair moved around the screen on the VHS, Laser, and DVD, but no more on the Blu-ray. At least we know both films were worked on before their Blu release.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Tom Weaver and Constantine Nasr's commentary track for MAN MADE MONSTER is great. I was very disappointed in the rambling commentary track for HORROR ISLAND.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks