What's new

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you mean WBShop, they are not actually part of Warner Bros.
Oh, please. Just because Warner Archive has more important things to do than running their own storefront and outsources it to a third party, doesn’t mean you aren’t still ordering from Warner...

Last edited:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
On Wednesday afternoon, I decided to order this release from Amazon. Like other Warner Archive releases, Amazon stated it would be 1-4 weeks before it is shipped, yet it shipped on Thursday.

Danny Burk

Second Unit
On Wednesday afternoon, I decided to order this release from Amazon. Like other Warner Archive releases, Amazon stated it would be 1-4 weeks before it is shipped, yet it shipped on Thursday.
Same here. I ordered it last week; as of Monday morning, it stated delivery in March, yet an hour later it was revised to Tuesday, when it was indeed delivered.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I had ordered one from Amazon and one from the WBShop. They both arrived yesterday.

Last edited:

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Mine said March also, but showed up on release day. With the current number of shorts in Vol. I, how many additional releases would it take to complete his MGM output? 2 or 3?

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
My copy arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ended up watching most of the cartoons a second time, as the first viewing was so exhilarating that most warranted a second view. Astoundingly beautiful presentations of each film.

I also was told by Amazon it would not arrive until March 11th. Then a sudden update on street date and a disc arrived 2 days later. Same thing happened with A Little Romance last week.

I look forward with patient anticipation to the next volume.

ThadK

Second Unit
Mine said March also, but showed up on release day. With the current number of shorts in Vol. I, how many additional releases would it take to complete his MGM output? 2 or 3?

He directed 65 cartoons (two remakes were made years after he left), so they could be done in as little as two more, easy.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I received my copy yesterday and skimmed over the disc. Beautiful all the way.

He directed 65 cartoons (two remakes were made years after he left), so they could be done in as little as two more, easy.

I'd buy an additional 2-3 volumes of Avery's Warner work plus the four Universal cartoons.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I Definitely will buy Vol.2 & 3. Then I want the rest of the Tom & Jerry MGM shorts. Max Fleischer's Superman 17 shorts by Paramount. Then we can start on The Flintstones series ! Is this too much to ask for ?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My copy arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ended up watching most of the cartoons a second time, as the first viewing was so exhilarating that most warranted a second view. Astoundingly beautiful presentations of each film.

I also was told by Amazon it would not arrive until March 11th. Then a sudden update on street date and a disc arrived 2 days later. Same thing happened with A Little Romance last week.

I look forward with patient anticipation to the next volume.

I went ahead and anxiously ordered this and got the same delivery projection from Amazon, so I hope mine comes as fast as yours. I need me some good laughs.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I received my copy yesterday and skimmed over the disc. Beautiful all the way.

I'd buy an additional 2-3 volumes of Avery's Warner work plus the four Universal cartoons.

Sadly, Universal .... for lack of a better term has not addressed it's classic library of cartoons in many, many years, which is sad as the Lantz Cartunes are outstanding in their own right, no i didn't spell it wrong part of it was the music. it would be nice to see Woody and the rest of the Universal holdings in an HD presentation. Hell reissue the two original releases ad BD sets and then they would only need to release a third set, done deal.

waiting for my set to arrive i am so jealous of those of you, amazon must not like me.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@dana martin, put me down as another that would love to have these Universal holdings in HD.

d2561039-6b87-4aaf-b0c3-90a0c69c1fcd_1.49c129ac50211c89f27973c1d67c6ce1.jpeg

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Sadly, Universal .... for lack of a better term has not addressed it's classic library of cartoons in many, many years, which is sad as the Lantz Cartunes are outstanding in their own right, no i didn't spell it wrong part of it was the music. it would be nice to see Woody and the rest of the Universal holdings in an HD presentation. Hell reissue the two original releases ad BD sets and then they would only need to release a third set, done deal.

waiting for my set to arrive i am so jealous of those of you, amazon must not like me.

Warner and Universal are partnering on home video, so perhaps it's not impossible (not to mention a few Universal properties were licensed for the defunct TCM Archives label).

Rats The Donkey

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicholas John Pozega
This is wonderful news that the set truly got the A-class treatment--I preordered it the very moment it went up for sale on Amazon! But I have a small question; is "The Garden Gopher" (1950) truly uncut on this set? I ask because it was previously edited (probably by accident since it might have been a TV transfer used) to remove a blackface gag on the Compleat Tex Avery laserdisc set (which, aside from a similar edit done to "Droopy's Good Deed", presents all of Avery's other MGM shorts completely uncut) and its very difficult to find uncut copies of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks