What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Jack Reacher: Never Go Back -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I checked after viewing this.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back didn't get great reviews.

The jacket cover quotes Scott Mantz, of Access Hollywood: "A smart, gripping action thriller with an attitude!"

Good quote, and unfortunately, they're hard to come by for this film.

But there's a place for films like Never Go Back, as we all need a dose of just plain old simple non-message entertainment now and then.

There's nothing here that 's going to turn the world on end, or get thing doing deep thinking. It's just plain fun.

Want to watch something thought-provoking?

Load your player with A Man for All Seasons.

Never Go Back gives us Tom Cruise, who does a fine job with the role, along with Cobie Smulders, playing a strong woman, and newcomer Danika Yarosh, who we'll probably be seeing in the future, in the strong female teen role.

Lot of strong here, along with a myriad of comic book bad guys.

Worth a viewing in your home theater, especially in 4k, which will cost you less than going to the theater.

And as a 4k disc, it works. HDR isn't over-cooked. It just gives us nice rich blacks. It's a 2k up-rez, and that's fine. We're not missing anything.

The audio, in Dolby Atmos is properly huge when necessary.

Is this a film that needed to get made?

No.

But it helps the economy, especially in Louisiana.

Edward Zwick, who you'll recall has done some superb work, directed.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I love movies like this. All my dad does (avid book reader) is complain how Cruise is too small to be Reacher. Yeah, sure, don't care. The first movie was a blast from the car chase to the shootout in the end.

I don't mind watching Tom Cruise beat people up, he and Brad Pitt usually get a watch just because they hit a lot more than they miss with movies.

Mine has been preordered on UHD since it was announced on Amazon.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I love movies like this. All my dad does (avid book reader) is complain how Cruise is too small to be Reacher. Yeah, sure, don't care. The first movie was a blast from the car chase to the shootout in the end.

I don't mind watching Tom Cruise beat people up, he and Brad Pitt usually get a watch just because they hit a lot more than they miss with movies.

Mine has been preordered on UHD since it was announced on Amazon.

I'm with your dad. Hard to get past the 6'5" in the book with a 5'6" actor.

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
I saw the first Reacher movie before I read any of the books, so I don't have a problem with the height thing. Cruise is ok by me.

This is a good 'leave your brain at the front door and enjoy yourself' movie.

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
So wide of the mark quality wise, compared with the excellent first movie, that it's not even funny.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
I think Cruise is just fine as Reacher, but when you've read all the books, as I have, it's best just to think of him as Reacher's little brother. The only reason I say this is that Reacher's size is a large part of his characterization in the books. But, like I said, Cruise delivers the intimidating looks and patter well... just from a different elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks