What's new

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
sometimes these tricks may help video stuttering

1. disable all CEC from player and TV

2. change your colour space in the Blu ray player to 4:2:2 (from Bob Pariseau at avs)
this decreases the bandwidth of the signal travelling from your player , with preserved original fidelity of the data encoded on the disc

3. disable wi fi from you player

4. all the usual stuff like make sure no dust or finger prints on your disc , make sure your HDMI cable is Premiumcertified , make sure your player firmware is up to date , make sure all HDMI terminations are snug in their sockets and make sure your discs aren’t pressed in Tijuana Mexico (joke )

on my Panasonic 9000 once I changed the colour space settings the player dramatically had less freezing on UHD discs over last 3 months
Thanks

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
sometimes these tricks may help video stuttering

1. disable all CEC from player and TV

2. change your colour space in the Blu ray player to 4:2:2 (from Bob Pariseau at avs)
this decreases the bandwidth of the signal travelling from your player , with preserved original fidelity of the data encoded on the disc

3. disable wi fi from you player

4. all the usual stuff like make sure no dust or finger prints on your disc , make sure your HDMI cable is Premiumcertified , make sure your player firmware is up to date , make sure all HDMI terminations are snug in their sockets and make sure your discs aren’t pressed in Tijuana Mexico (joke )

on my Panasonic 9000 once I changed the colour space settings the player dramatically had less freezing on UHD discs over last 3 months
I’m going to try this. Now it doesn’t happen on 4K discs that are BD66 for me but on BD 100. The 3 layer one. But not all. And if I stop and eject the film and have automatically resume, it won’t freeze or pause. Only if I play it straight through. Example, Jaws froze right before Quint says “ he can’t stay down with 3 barrels”. But if I stop and eject the film earlier in the film, it won’t pause.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Buffer issues maybe ?

ive read that OPPO paid better attention to RAM for buffering

IT really takes you out of a film when a UHD freezes. What player do you have ?

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
Buffer issues maybe ?

ive read that OPPO paid better attention to RAM for buffering

IT really takes you out of a film when a UHD freezes. What player do you have ?
I have a Sony UBP-X700. The last model before the new one that came out this past year. But I also have an LG. Forgot the make, and it would do it on that one as well. Same discs but different spots. But, again it’s not everyone. It seems to happen on the BD100’s. I do clean the discs as well. Or, it will pause a few times and then there will be times it will play perfect. Again, it’s only if the disc is played straight through and not ejected. Strange. But I have gotten use to it.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Has anyone had any issues with the newsreels freezing up and not playing? They work fine on the BD but I've tried the 4k ultra HD disc on two players and two TVs and the newsreels won't work on either. Thanks in advance.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
Ok. Watching this now. But the package doesn’t say Dolby Vision and my system has it as Dolby Vision. Is that an error on the package?

Attachments

• 3330E1B0-6904-4F8E-8227-090B35FB01CA.jpeg
    3330E1B0-6904-4F8E-8227-090B35FB01CA.jpeg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 88

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ok. Watching this now. But the package doesn’t say Dolby Vision and my system has it as Dolby Vision. Is that an error on the package?

It's DV for sure. I'll have to check my packaging to see if it's buried in there somewhere.

EDIT: Went over the packaging with a fine-toothed comb. No mention of Dolby Vision anywhere, but it IS DV.

Last edited:

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
For some reason I don't like Kirk Douglas. Then I see him in a film like Spartacus or Paths of Glory or A Letter to Three Wives or The Bad and the Beautiful... and I think he's terrific.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I just got done watching and all I can say is, WOW! In 4K Dolby Vision, Spartacus looks stunning, and the DTS:X audio is wonderful as well. A perfect combination. Mr. Harris, thank you SO much for your involvement with the restoration. It is simply superb in every way here. Thank you!

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
I was lucky enough to see the 70mm restoration in1991 on the huge screen at London Odeon Marble Arch. It looked incredible. I’d bullied a friend into coming with me who said he’d seen it on tv. I told him that if that was all he hadn’t seen it ever. At the intermission he turned and hugged me thanking me for introducing him to such an incredible film! Told him he’d not seen it before!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm Spartacus! I'm Spartacus!

Or...

That's Spartacus dead over there! Yeah, that's him, I'd know him anywhere. Yes, definitely Spartacus, just look at that birthmark.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks