What's new

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Knock it off, the meds haven't kicked in yet.
Have there ever been 2 actors or actresses that your brain always mixed up -- Reese and Renee are mine and I even looked it
up before I typed the message and STILL screwed it up

Sometimes, even the alleged professionals screw up. This is tangentially about books, but just last night, I had gotten an email from Barnes & Noble that was hyping the release of a book A Brief History of Britain 1660-1851 by William Gibson. Now, the William Gibson I'm familiar with is the science fiction writer, and I thought, "This can't be the same guy." Clicked on the link, came to the page, where the "About the Author" section described him as a professor at Oxford. OK, fine. But the accompanying photo and "stats" (birth date and place, etc.) were for the SF writer! Unfortunately, there's no contact information at B&N for "Tell us if we goofed".

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
With respect to the way the discs are arranged in the case, I had to laugh when I opened the Columbia Collection, and looked first at the LOA disc. It's a four-disc set, with two hubs each with two stacked discs. And of course, the UHD "Feature Disc 1" was underneath the BD on the left, and the UHD "Feature Disc 2" was underneath the BD Special Features disc on the right.

Seriously?:P

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I sent mine back and demanded this be corrected. Edited by Moderator

Huh? They've already announced that a replacement disc program for the Lawrence extras will be available. Why would you send the entire set back?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, cleanup on aisle 5 completed. Any further political posts will be handled more severely.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It actually kind of makes sense to have it on the left, since like a book, you start on the left and work your way right.
I will respectfully disagree. While it's true that a book is read from left to right (in our culture/language, anyways) the precedent set for disc media is the disc goes on the right. DVD and BD. For all single discs (which is mostly what they were in the beginning), all on the right. Insert on the left. So for disc media, we have been mentally groomed to expect the primary disc on the right.

Don't even get me started on the sets that have one disc *on top, and offset* from one underneath it, especially if the 4K is underneath said disc! Now that's just someone being sadistic.

That said, I have no issues just making the change once...and then it's fixed for all time, in my collection at least! :laugh:

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Gave it a spin last night. Forgot how sweet it is. And while I'm not a huge fan of Tom Cruise's acting, I found it to be one of his strongest performances. It looked gorgeous on my OLED and I was loving the film grain. Glad they included it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks