What's new

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This was shot in Chicago and milwaukee, I know because I watched them shoot the milwaukee seen, and I know people who worked on the Chicago shoots.
that is the car going off the bridge. So I Am not sure where you get your info from.
Which scene(s) were shot in Milwaukee?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It may have made it to CED, but I don't recall.

RAH -- best damn fisherman on the internet. Throws the bait into the water and waits for the prey to come in close and jump right into the frying pan. No pole, no line, no hook, no net, no spear required -- they just give up their life of their own accord and never realize they've been had until the bones are already buried in the backyard.

Anyway -- at the risk of become #4. There was indeed a CED RCA-13310 in 1983

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Some scenes for The Blues Brothers were filmed in Los Angeles (the ballroom was actually the Hollywood Palladium). But the majority was definitely filmed in and around Chicago!!!! So many recognizable locations. I lived near the Dixie Square Shopping Mall that they drove through. Wrigley Field, the Daley Center, Joliet Correctional Center, lower Wacker Drive with the police car massacre, several other lesser known locations. Mayor Jane Byrne gave whole-hearted approval to film all over the city.
I've always wondered about the Joliet Correctional Center .

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Filming Locations
49 filming locations

• 1623 S. 51st Court, Cicero, Illinois, USA (Mrs. Tarantino's House)
  • Los Angeles, California, USA
  • Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA
  • Corner of W. Talcott Road and Cumberland Avenue, Park Ridge, Illinois, USA (Blues Brothers run red light)
  • Intersection of W. Talcott & Devon Ave, Park Ridge, Illinois, USA (Police chase & spin out)
  • Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Illinois, USA
  • USA
  • 20 E. Randolph Street, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Bus Station)
  • Joliet, Illinois, USA
  • Harvey, Illinois, USA
  • Park Ridge, Illinois, USA
  • 22 W. Van Buren Street, The Loop, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Jake and Elwood's apartment)
  • 300 E. 47th Street, Grand Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Ray's Music Exchange)
  • CCL Custom Manufacturing - 1 Hegeler Lane, Danville, Illinois, USA (Factory Scenes)
  • Calumet Harbor, South Deering, Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Calumet River, South Deering, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Bluesmobile car jumps over bridge)
  • Chez Paul Restaurant - 660 N. Rush Street, Near North Side, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Restaurant)
  • Chicago Picasso Sculpture, Richard J. Daley Memorial Plaza, The Loop, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Jake and Elwood's Landmark)
  • City Hall - 121 N. LaSalle Street, The Loop, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Siege at City Hall-County Building - Steven Spielberg cameo)
  • Cooks Picnic Grove, Bangs Lake, Wauconda, Illinois, USA (beach scene)
  • Corner of W. Talcott & Greenwood Streets, Park Ridge, Illinois, USA (Blues Brothers get pulled-over by cops)
  • Daniel Hoan Memorial Bridge, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA (Car chase with Nazis - car hangs off bridge)
  • Dixie Square Mall - 151st Street & Dixie Highway, Harvey, Illinois, USA (Shopping Mall Complex)
  • East 95th Street Bridge, South Deering, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Bluesmobile car jumps over bridge)
  • Gary's Mill - Illinois Route 59 & Gary's Mill Rd., West Chicago, Illinois, USA (Gas Station)
  • Griffith Park - 4730 Crystal Springs Drive, Los Angeles, California, USA (Police car crashes through billboard)
  • Hollywood Palladium - 6215 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA (interiors: Palace Hotel Ballroom - First Performance of the Blues Brothers)
  • Intersection of Illinois Routes 12 & 176, Wauconda, Illinois, USA (police car pile-up)
  • Joliet Prison - Collins Street, Joliet, Illinois, USA (Prison)
  • Lower Wacker Drive, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (other car chase)
  • Lyon's Delicatessen - 807 W. Maxwell Street, Near West Side, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Soul Food Restaurant - Aretha Franklin "Think" scene)
  • Mannheim Road, Cook County, Illinois, USA (Holiday Inn - Murph and the Magic Tones)
  • Marquette Park, Chicago Lawn, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Nazis are run-out)
  • New York Street, Backlot, Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, California, USA
  • North Lagoon, Jackson Park, Hyde Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Park Lake, Backlot, Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, California, USA
  • Pilgrim Baptist Church - 9114 S. Burley Avenue, South Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Church scene with James Brown)
  • Richard J. Daley Center - 55 W. Randolph Street, The Loop, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (End of finale car chase - car crashes through ground floor building)
  • Richard J. Daley Memorial Plaza, The Loop, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA (End of finale chase)
  • Singapore Lake, Backlot, Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, California, USA (Good 'Ole Boys motor-home crashes into lake)
  • South Lagoon, Jackson Park, Hyde Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • South Shore Country Club - 7059 South Shore Drive, South Shore, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Palace Hotel Ballroom - First Performance of the Blues Brothers)
  • South Side, Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, California, USA (Country Bobs Bunker)
  • Van Buren & LaSalle Streets, The Loop, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Waukegan, Illinois, USA
  • West Wind Motel - 28W721 Roosevelt Rd., West Chicago, Illinois, USA (Motel scene with Twiggy)
  • Wrigley Field - 1060 W. Addison St., Lake View, Chicago, Illinois, USA (The Blues Brothers' Official Address - Visit by Nazis)

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
I am still amazed at the scene outside “Ray’s Music”. Not only are they dancing in the street and it’s choreographed, but they are dancing in the background on the El platform. Try doing that today. The first R Rated movie my parents took me to see and this reflects the Chicago of my childhood. Which was cleaned up when Dailey 2 became mayor. It’s good to see the real Maxwell street. Now that I have been living in ArIzona since 2000, the city has changed even more since the 90s. When I go back to visit, that is a shock.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Blues Brothers is one of my all-time favorites. It was one of only two R-rated films I was allowed to watch as a child (the other being Blazing Saddles). It's such a fun movie with endlessly quotable dialogue, one great scene after another, and the songs! Add on top all the brilliant musical talent.

I'm particularly fond of John Landis' films because of this wonderful blend of subverting genre while having sort of a "classic" sensibility. One thing I find wonderful about the film is how for all the destruction and mayhem, it's all done with Looney Tunes physics (with the exception of two particular members of a certain political party). And it's all filmed in such a grungy, realistic way. That's what makes many of Landis' films work so well because he establishes such an element of realism that anything fantastic can be accepted.

Normally, this would have already been in my hands already, but I can't wait to see it again in 4K.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The Blues Brothers is one of my all-time favorites. It was one of only two R-rated films I was allowed to watch as a child (the other being Blazing Saddles).

My 1st "R" was "Saturday Night Fever", when I was a couple months shy of 11 years old. I loved the album so much I got my mom to take me - and then a few weeks later they put out the "PG" version. My mom was so mad! :D

I'd seen a good 5-8 more "R" films by the time "Blues Brothers" hit but my dad wouldn't take me.

It wasn't the rating - he took me to "Caddyshack" and "Blue Lagoon" in the same time frame as well as some "R" horror movies.

My dad just really didn't want to see "Blues Brothers"! :oops:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Watched the extended 4K last night. The movie remains an absolute joy. The musical sequences are the heart of the film, but the humor is still there, funny as ever. One of my favorite comedies.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve owned the BD since it came out but I’ve actually never seen the extended version...it was already so long to begin with...but I probably should at least once so I can say that I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks