What's new

A Few Words About A few words about…™ Clueless (25th Anniversary Steelbook) – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
A 1995 crowd-pleaser, Amy Heckerling's Clueless, the basis of the latest Emma, made a teen icon of its young star Alicia Silverstone, who had earlier been seen in The Crush and several Aerosmith videos.

For it's 25th Anniversary, it's been spiffed up, with any minor problems left over from the 2012, 17th Anniversary Special Edition, now a thing of the past.

The older transfer had a bit of jitter, either in the IP or the transfer itself.

Now, for the 25th, it's steady as a...

Wait. Sorry.

Same jitter.

Color was quite beautiful on the earlier release. And now it's quite beautiful.

Grain structure on the earlier was fine although it lacked that HDR "pop."

The new one finally has...

Sorry. Blu-ray, not 4k. I was misled by the gorgeous - it actually is - new Steelbook packaging, with our star beautifully quaffed, but no longer dressed in red.

This actually reminds me of those cut-outs kids used to play with, enabling them to dress their favorite characters in a multitude of different outfits.

My friend Susan - we grew up together - used to make me use these things when we were six, and she served fake tea in her quite real teahouse, which had been built for her.

Never really found enjoyment in bending back all those tabs. Probably not a guy thing.

Which may be the wrong thing to say these days, as someone is bound to take an exception to my being supremely sexist in these things.

The new Clueless Steelbook if covered from stem to stern with that incredible yellow box design, perfectly mimicking Cher's outfit.

It's important to know that Cher's boots are off-white, her vest is yellow, beautifully matching the yellow in her outfit - no yellow dye fade here - and her T-shirt, or whatever is white. Her water bottle, on a gold chain, also appears to be matching yellow.

Tons of new extras on this release.

Or possibly one, anyway - "stories from the cast and crew."

That alone should be worth the price of entrance, along with the singularly lovely Steelbook.

For those in doubt, yup, it's a Blu-ray, for the first time.

Sorry.

Second time.

Or possibly third.

The important thing is that it's totally new and special.

Audio has been updated to DTS-HD MA 5.1, from the earlier DTS-HD 5.1.

Image – 4.5

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from Previous Blu-ray or Previous Blu-ray - OMG, yes! For the Steel book!

I have my copy, and you're probably so jealous...

Seriously, if anyone hasn't seen this film, it's a cornucopia of one-liners. Among them, a bit of wisdom regarding why she's a virgin:

"You see how picky I am about my shoes, and they only go on my feet."

Recommended

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Mr. Harris, that steelbook sounds like just the thing to dazzle the neighborhood kids with, except the neighborhood kids are all retired and living in California. Still, you can always pull it out and get a psychedelic gleam in your eye staring at those yellow squares.

1594414225480.png

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I wonder if you can get the steel case cheap if you forego the disc? The disc is a lovely thing but I already have one. The steel case indeed looks a lovely thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks