What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I went to a sneak preview at the Village in Westwood about eight weeks before it opened. No one had any idea what the film was going to be, but when the familiar opening came on the screen, the audience went nuts and the reaction was electric throughout.
Might have been a Tech London dye transfer. The reproduction of the metallic appearance of gold was magnificent. None more so than on Ms Eaton, now 83!

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
Song of the South was released on home video in the UK "back in the day" and the DVD I have was transferred from that. Not sure about the source for Porgy and Bess.

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
Dude, we will definitely have to "agree to disagree" -- I looooove Ghost and think it is way more than decent. I have no idea what flaws you are referring to, but I've never noticed any.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Airplane! was the very first DVD I ever ordered from Amazon and it wasn't until this remaster was announced I realized I never upgraded it. Just from looking at a few minutes, this looks and sounds fantastic. Granted this isn't meant to be a demo quality film, but I found it amusing how I can now see all the details in stuff like the magazines when Captain Oveur is reading. Still a bit annoyed they didn't include the original mono or the other extras from before, but still a great presentation.

As for PC stuff, I think it's a little disingenuous to compare this to something like SOTS. Surely nobody is serious about that?

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
At the risk of saying something inappropriate, there are a number of male movie stars I find attractive, but only two that I've had dreams about -- Patrick Swayze and Dennis Quaid. So Mr. Swayze has a special place in my heart.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Airplane! was the very first DVD I ever ordered from Amazon and it wasn't until this remaster was announced I realized I never upgraded it. Just from looking at a few minutes, this looks and sounds fantastic. Granted this isn't meant to be a demo quality film, but I found it amusing how I can now see all the details in stuff like the magazines when Captain Oveur is reading. Still a bit annoyed they didn't include the original mono or the other extras from before, but still a great presentation.

As for PC stuff, I think it's a little disingenuous to compare this to something like SOTS. Surely nobody is serious about that?
There's hardly anything offensive at all

1595620334781.png
;)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.

You KNEW that was coming, right?

Edit: Corrected because I can’t type on an iPad worth a damn.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
At the risk of saying something inappropriate, there are a number of male movie stars I find attractive, but only two that I've had dreams about -- Patrick Swayze and Dennis Quaid. So Mr. Swayze has a special place in my heart.

Hey, no doubt Swayze was a good-looking guy - and he was in terrific shape for "Ghost".

Dude still couldn't act, though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks