What's new

A few thoughts about...The Devil Wears Prada (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
b]._ _ Unfortunately, I cannot. The studio has gotten into the _ habit of sending out screeners of their major films on a DVD_ that has been compressed in order to deter piracy._ _ In a way, I can understand the studio's decision to do this._ It's probably the best way that Fox can provide the media _ with early product without flawless copies being leaked out._ _ That being said, I felt I needed to come on the forum this _ evening and talk about the film itself._ _ A couple months ago, if you had tried to convince me to _ watch a Meryl Streep comedy about a fashion magazine I _ would have told you to not to waste my time._ _ Last month while out at a Fox Press event, I had the _ opportunity to be in the audience during an interview with _ the film's Director, David Frankel. I was quite intrigued not_ only by the first 5 minutes worth of footage that was shown, _ but for the fact that Frankle revealed that Meryl was totally _ in character even when the cameras weren't shooting. It was_ her way of creating believable "distance
the other cast members which transformed wonderfully to screen,
as I hope you will see.

This evening I had the chance to finally watch the film for
the first time in its entirety on DVD. I was quite surprised by
how much I LOVED this film.

The Devil Wears Prada is based on the best-selling
novel by Lauren Weisberger. In the film, Andy Sachs (Anne
Hathaway) has just landed a job working as second assistant
to Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep), editor-in-chief of popular
Runway magazine. Miranda Priestly is the most ruthless
boss in the fashion industry to whom newcomer Andy Sachs is
about to sell her soul.

The film is highly entertaining for the fact that Meryl Streep
is such a monster and Anne Hathaway is a "do-gooder" who can't
do good enough for her demanding boss. The magic in watching
this film is seeing how both these characters grow upon each other.

I can't recommend enough that you give this DVD a viewing
opportunity when it hits store shelves on December 12th.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
This film really came out of nowhere and cleaned up at the box office, here and overseas. Just shows you that you really never know what will 'hit' or 'miss' at the box office. I'll get this one on DVD for sure.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's a rather fun movie that actually plays far better than most
people would expect.

Really, with the exception of some titles that are being released
theatrically at this time, this has been a horrible year for quality
film. I think The Devil Wears Prada is one of those films
that really deserves its box office success.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

I also think it really shows how hungry the public is for intelligent entertainment.

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
I've seen this film several times and it really grew on me. I love it more each time I watch it. Emily Blunt's character was hilarious! What I really liked was that despite Miranda's "devilish" nature, Streep's portrayal of Miranda made you like her. You got to see her during her weak points (out of makeup in Paris and fighting with her husband) and I found myself feeling sorry for her. However, the Miranda character was lot more obnoxious and detestible in the book. And I liked the ending scene in the film where Andrea tied up loose ends with Miranda and Emily too.

I've seen the film in a hotel and on a plane and from what I could tell (from a pan/scan master) was that the picture looked clean and sharp. I'm confident that the anamorphic dvd will not disappoint. Fox usually delivers pretty well.

I agree with you in that Prada was one of the few films of this year that I found myself to really enjoy and with the exception of the Ultimate Superman Set, where I have said, I MUST buy this one.

Would like a review from you when you do get your hands on a release copy!
Thanks,
ERICKA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks