A few specs on FOX's WRONG TURN DVD came in...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Christopher Carr, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Christopher Carr

Christopher Carr Stunt Coordinator

On creature-corner.com in an interview with Wrong Turn director Rob Schmidt, Schmidt revealed that Fox may be shaping up a documentary called "Meaty Pieces" for the DVD. He is unsure if FOX will release the movie with more graphic footage but included on the DVD there are going to be Deleted Scenes as well as an Audio Commentary with director Rob Schmidt and stars Eliza Dushku and Desmond Harrington.
    I for one liked this movie. I think I hyped it a little too much in my head because I thought I would love it but I did genuinely like the film for what it was (as morbid as that sounds...). If FOX can pull out a Special Edition of From Justin to Kelly, I'm sure they can pull some strings to make Wrong Turn into something worth while on DVD because no matter what I think I'm gonna be picking this one up (big Eliza Dushku fan- so maybe I was biased with liking the film in the beginning anyway- o well). Just glad to hear that studios are attempting more and more to release worth while features on dvd instead of the old barebones.

2. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Sweet...nice to hear its getting a decent release...I for one dug the flick and had a good time at it...hell I saw it twice... [​IMG]

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I loved it. This one will definitely end up on my shelf. Any news on a street date?

4. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Is it just me or is Fox very slow on announcing street dates? I mean this came out on May 30 and X2 on May 2 but still no word from either titles.

5. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I LOVED this movie when I saw it. And noticed that "Meaty Pieces" thing on IMDb. With a documentary, deleted scenes, and a commentary with the director AND the 2 stars, this will be a GREAT DVD.[​IMG] Could we possibly expect a October release to tie in with the Halloween season?

6. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

X2 is out 9/12. And I keep hearing a 10/28 street date for 28 Days Later. This will probably come out early October for the Halloween market.

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'll probably pick this one up if it isn't to pricey.

8. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Mark,

Travis said Fox are slow "announcing" titles, they haven't announced X2 yet.

You may believe it to be coming out Sep 12 but my connection at Fox is saying Nov 25th and seeing as the pre-book date for an Sep 12 release would be around Aug 8th or Aug 22nd at the latest, I suspect my source may be right.

Although according to DVD Planet, Wrong Turn is due Oct 14th & as far as I know it's yet to be officially announced so if they're right, that WILL be a late announcement.

9. Johnny G

still haven't seen anything to confirm the Oct 14 date DVD Planet have listed for Wrong Turn, maybe any day now.

Here are the specs they have listed for it:-

Director and Actor Commentary; 4 Deleted Scenes; Poster Gallery; Alien Trailer; Theatrical Trailer; Making of Featurette; Babe in The Winston Featurette; Stan Winston Featurette

10. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

This was really good movie. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, especially after all the drivel that's been passed-off as "horror" in the least 5-10 years. I'm definitely picking this one up on release day. [​IMG]

11. Derek P

Derek P Stunt Coordinator

Wrong Turn is now confirmed for October 14th according to dvdfile.com

12. Johnny G

According to DVD Times, the speacs are as follows:-

Technical Specs:
    English DD5.1 Surround
    French and Spanish DD2.0 Surround
    English and Spanish subtitles
    Side 1:
    Full length feature - 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
    Director and lead actor commentary
    4 deleted scenes
    Poster gallery
    Alien trailer
    Theatrical trailer
    Side 2:
    Full length feature - Pan & Scan
    Director and lead actor commentary
    Making Of Wrong Turn featurette
    Babe In The Winston featurette
    Stan Winston featurette

I'm not sure why imdb have this listed as in 1.85:1 but I guess it must be 2.35:1 with such a comprehensive list of features.

13. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor