A few questions about Sirius

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Brian E, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting Sirius and had a few questions. I've skimmed through the existing threads & learned quite a bit so far.

How do they handle Classical? I'd want something that plays full pieces, not just select movements like a compilation CD would have.

Do they have a decent Metal lineup? Something that plays a good selection not just your typical FM radio stuff?

How's their Jazz lineup?

Any word on them getting Fox Sports or does XM have some kind of exclusive? It's not a huge deal, if I really want to listen to Fox I can get it on AM here.

What I'm thinking of doing is getting the tuner & wiring kit (about $300) that Chrysler has for my factory radio ('02 Sebring w/in dash CD Changer & Cass.) and having it installed. Any reason to look at something aftermarket instead? I know next to nothing about car audio, but my factory stuff sounds good to me.

Thanks in advance.

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Well, they do have the exclusive on NFL games and the NFL channel, which should be comming up soon. They also play NHL games and the baseball games that ESPN carries. Sports talk is limited to ESPN right now.

Jason

3. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Thanks Jason

When I say Metal I mean stuff like Iced Earth, Nevermore, Opeth, etc. Stuff I'll never hear on FM radio here.

I totally think their sports lineup is great. Fox Sports would just make the talk part that much better is what I mean.

Can anyone comment on the Classical selection?

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

And SportsByLine and SIRIUS's own. I maybe the only person who enjoys SIRIUS's own morning Sports show (though I listen to Tony Kornheiser most of the time for old guy radio [​IMG]