1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A few question about my new Dahlquist speakers.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MarkCBake, Dec 15, 2002.

1. MarkCBake

MarkCBake Auditioning

I Just ordered a full set of Dahlquist speakers from Mark at Audioshop. That guy is one of the most professional people I've ever delt with. I ordered 2 QX10's, 4 QX4's, 1 QX60C, and 1 QX150S sub.
    I was planning on ordering a HK AVR 525 reciever. Do you think that is an apropriate choice?
    Also, I'm forced to mount the QX4's on the ceiling. What mounting brackets have you used and suggest.
    Thanks

2. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

You should call Mark and ask him these questions! Mark has mounting brackets for these speakers, so you should definetely call him for those.

3. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

Mr Baker,
    The only brackets I can suggest that may work with a ceiling mount like that may be the smaller Orbital brackets. They will fit the threads on the back of the QX4 but I'm worried you might not be able to angle the speaker enough; the edge of the speaker will touch the ceiling at a certain point. Unless, what if you mounted a small wood block on the ceiling first to increase the distance between the ceiling and bracket which would increase the angle? Make any sense?
    Be sure to use secure fasteners to the ceiling.