A few H/K 520 operation Qs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Szott, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Two quick questions about the H/K 520:

I have an Xbox and DVD player both using TosLink to deliver digital sound. I was thinking about adding an HDTV satellite box and using either a dig. coax or another TosLink. Questions is if I changed the DVD to use dig. coax and put that one on same line with Xbox TosLink (let's say VIDEO2), will the H/K default to either TosLink/Coax, or will it switch based on incoming signal? I never have the Xbox and DVD on at same time so interference isn't an issue. Just want to know if the H/K is 'smart' about using one or the other, or if it will only take one if both are plugged in at same time to same port (VIDEO2).

2nd question, more of a mystery. Sometimes when watching TV in Logic 7 all 5 speakers will get really loud until I change the encoding to something else and back. Random occurances, it's like all 5 speakers are suddenly outputting at all the same strength. Anyone else know what this is about?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

You can assign the same digital input to more than one source. For example, both the CD and DVD input can be assigned to Optical 1.

You can assign 2 different digital inputs to one source though.